Sparkling Gouramis

1. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I was able to get a few pics of the sparkling gouramis I got last week. Thanks again, Eiginh! We love them. They're a hoot to watch. They got curious when I started flashing the camera. I think it made it harder to get solid pics of them.

I'll try to get some better pics as time goes on. Out of 60 pictures, these are the only ones that came out remotely clear.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks for posting the pics!
    Aren't they adorable? I'm glad you're enjoying yours.
    Do yours have blue eyes like mine?
    Wait until you hear them start to 'click' it's so darn cute!

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They do have blue eyes! I've noticed that. Also, I have "full lines" and "broken lines" and I was told that's a way to sex them. If so, I have males and females. If they breed, I should be able to find an LFS to take the babies because we can't get them around here.

I cannot wait to hear the clicking. They seem to have adjusted, so hopefully it won't be too long now.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I've read that about sexing with the lines.
    The only way I can tell my male and female apart is my female is smaller and when they spawned the male was the wrapper and the fem the wrapee. lol

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Sweet, wrap watch duty for me:;banaman

6. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats! I LOVE sparklers! I had a trio but lost them to a malfunctioning heater.

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'll let you know if we have spawning.:;hug2 I'd be happy to share with you.

8. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

How are your Sparklers doing?

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for asking, Lucy! They're all still doing great! No breeding or anything, but they're all active and seem happy, which if they're happy, I'm happy.

I was watching them yesterday. It seems like two have started hanging out together, but we'll see. If there's any territory issues, I have extra tanks. Thanks to you, I know to look out for that.:;hug2

10. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Omg u r so lucky! None of my lfs have them and when they do they want about 7$ each! I want to get some off aquabid but my parents won't let me

11. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm glad to hear it! They're great little fish. :)

12. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

BB, if your little fishies breed, I want first dibs on the fry

13. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Awww. BB I didn't know you had sparkling gourmai's. I've wanted them every since I saw Lucy's they are ADORABLE with a capital A!!!. I really need to get some more tanks!!.

14. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Absolutely! I will GLADLY share.

Lucy got me started on them, too. She's a great enabler:;toast

You DEFINITELY need more tanks, but save room for a bird cage or two as well;)

Lucy-Did you ever end up with fry from the "embracing" you caught on camera?

15. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;a1
    One survived. :) He's still in a breeder net. He's so cute!
    I can't wait for him to get big enough to be moved out.
    He's going into the 20 long since that tank only has a Lyre tail guppy the odd man out Sparkler and my accidental cory.
    I think he'd be fine right now with the Sparkler and Cory but I think the guppy might make him a snack. :nono:

What I find funny is the parent Sparklers will go to the breeder net and look in, sometimes just hang out next to it or under it. They look parental although like most fish I've read they eat the fry.

16. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Lucy, you're grounded! You never told us this. I'm so excited for you!:;hug2

17. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;hug2 lol, Thanks, I'm pretty excited.
    I didn't want to jinx myself.

Have you heard yours make noises yet?

18. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

No noises, but I was thinking about that the other day. I may need to put them in a different room to hear it. My crazy JD's and my Malawi are in the same room and they like to "smack" the water begging for food. The first time they did it, the noise scared me and I couldn't figure out what it was.

19. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

That's too cute! lol
    Maybe they're not clicking because they're secure and don't feel the need to defend anything. :)