Sparkling And Honey Gouramis

oodelally

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have two tanks in question, my personal 15g tank with 5 Ember Tetras (one recently passed, so I’m going to get 1-2 more when a good stock comes in) 4 guppies and 2 nerite snails. I also have a 10g at work that currently has 5 Pygmy corys and a Honey Gourami.

The Honey Gourami i got a week ago is always hiding in the plants and my LFS said they would feel better with their own kind so I bought a Sunset Honey Gourami that is going to hangout in my tank for the weekend.

But I’ve always been thinking I’d like some Sparkling Gouramis too, and I was very taken with them at the store. But I also like the honeys and the sunset looks so good with my embers.

So I was wondering if maybe I should bring the honey from work home and keep them both here and get some sparkling gouramis for work, or keep the honeys in the 10g and get the sparkling ones for home.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have two tanks in question, my personal 15g tank with 5 Ember Tetras (one recently passed, so I’m going to get 1-2 more when a good stock comes in) 4 guppies and 2 nerite snails. I also have a 10g at work that currently has 5 Pygmy corys and a Honey Gourami.

The Honey Gourami i got a week ago is always hiding in the plants and my LFS said they would feel better with their own kind so I bought a Sunset Honey Gourami that is going to hangout in my tank for the weekend.

But I’ve always been thinking I’d like some Sparkling Gouramis too, and I was very taken with them at the store. But I also like the honeys and the sunset looks so good with my embers.

So I was wondering if maybe I should bring the honey from work home and keep them both here and get some sparkling gouramis for work, or keep the honeys in the 10g and get the sparkling ones for home.
I would move the Honey to the 15g and put the SG in the 10g.

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Honey Gouramis are really shy when they are introduced to a new tank and can take a long time to adjust and they also are more comfortable with lots of plants in my experience. I also agree you should put the honey gourami in the 15 gallon.

oodelally

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Honey Gouramis are really shy when they are introduced to a new tank and can take a long time to adjust and they also are more comfortable with lots of plants in my experience. I also agree you should put the honey gourami in the 15 gallon.
I’m so used to my fish getting all excited when they see me, instead these guys just hide haha. I get it and I know it’s expected, but it’s such a change!

I do have more plants in the 15g since it’s more established. I put some water wisteria (Anubis and crypts too) in the work aquarium so that will fill in pretty thick and quick but it doesn’t help for now.

Irv

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of honeys and they would hide every time I walked into the room for like 3 weeks. Now they are always really happy to see me and always look like they expect to eat the second I come by haha

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom