20 Gallon Tank Spare 20 long for breeding

Jallen42

Hi all, just curious on what people have had experience or knows a bottom feeder that I could breed in a 20 long and still get rid of the young this is mainly for fun I have been looking at pygmy corydoras or a different pleco (I already have bristlenose plecos). I am not too sure what wouldn’t be a hard task and still be fun to interact with in a 20 long.

Ghelfaire

Jallen42

Ghelfaire said:
Most corydoras should work
True except the rather large species I guess thank you!

SotaAquatics

could try Otocinclus, they seem like they are always in demand.

Ghelfaire

SotaAquatics said:
They're also notoriously hard to breed.

Jallen42

SotaAquatics said:
I like the idea but yes they are hard to breed I think most people do it by “accident or unintentionally”

SotaAquatics

That's what makes it fun! Try to come up with a system that works for you with breeding otos. It would be different if you were trying to do this for profit, then of course corys.

Jallen42

SotaAquatics said:
That's what makes it fun! Try to come up with a system that works for you with breeding otos. It would be different if you were trying to do this for profit, then of course corys.
Not necessarily going for profit but would like to see progress or have more interesting fish imo they are very good fish to have but corys or plecos just interest me more I also have loaches that interest me

Ghelfaire

Kuhli loaches would do well in that sized aquarium. Not sure how hard they are to breed.

Jallen42

Ghelfaire said:
Kuhli loaches would do well in that sized aquarium. Not sure how hard they are to breed.
I think Kuhlis aren’t the easiest breeders but have been done unintentionally I think my plan may just to replace the 20 long with a 40 breeder and put my plecos in it with my last 3 hillstream loaches I’d assume the hillstream will leave fry alone and the eggs will be guarded

tapwater

Could always do livebearers if you wanted frequent fry and breeding

Jallen42

tapwater said:
Could always do livebearers if you wanted frequent fry and breeding
For sure! I don’t enjoy live bearers as I can’t find myself to constantly cull and I don’t have the space to have a tub just to put culls in so that they can live I’m really interested in catfish/bottom dweller breeding as of this point in time but I appreciate the suggestion!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom