Southern California water parameters

svb3290

Moving to Southern California area ( around New Port Beach) in next year. Where I presently live, I have 5 tanks of predominantly South American cichlids because of soft water locally. PH 6.6 and hardness around 7 to 8 degrees. KH around 3.
I've heard that water in California is mostly alkaline and hard. I'm moving into an apartment and taking my smaller 55 gallon acrylic tank with me. I'm not really into Africas but wondering how a Green Terror would fare. I'm downsizing and want a simple setup with just the center piece fish, sand substrate, wood, rock and some floating plants. Maybe one BN pleco. I'm selling my canister filters and going with Tidal 100 HOB (one or two).
Anyone here from California? I've read green terrors can tolerate pH up to 8 without issue. BN pleco a compatible tank mate?
Moving to Southern California area ( around New Port Beach) in next year. Where I presently live, I have 5 tanks of predominantly South American cichlids because of soft water locally. PH 6.6 and hardness around 7 to 8 degrees. KH around 3.
I've heard that water in California is mostly alkaline and hard. I'm moving into an apartment and taking my smaller 55 gallon acrylic tank with me. I'm not really into Africas but wondering how a Green Terror would fare. I'm downsizing and want a simple setup with just the center piece fish, sand substrate, wood, rock and some floating plants. Maybe one BN pleco. I'm selling my canister filters and going with Tidal 100 HOB (one or two).
Anyone here from California? I've read green terrors can tolerate pH up to 8 without issue. BN pleco a compatible tank mate?
I'm torn between a Jack Dempsey and Green Terror. Sorry for confusion.

A201

I've kept Green Terrors & Jack Dempseys with no problems in my very hard water W/ 8.2 PH.

svb3290

I've kept Green Terrors & Jack Dempseys with no problems in my very hard water W/ 8.2 PH.
Thanks, good to know.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Sanderguy777
  • pH
Replies
Views
jpm995
  • BeanieSeagus
  • pH
Replies
Views
BeanieSeagus