South American Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Wayne Lamphere, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Wayne Lamphere

Wayne LamphereNew MemberMember

Just finished my dirted tank today what you guys think I will be adding more plants in front of driftwood but....

Attached Files:

2. BetrayerWell Known MemberMember

Your tank looks great! I love your cories! What kind are they?

3. OP
    OP
    Wayne Lamphere

ty EJ fresh :)Panda I got 6 ! 2 were free the girl at pet store hooked me up and free frozen shrimp aswell

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  4. OP
    OP
    Wayne Lamphere

Ty panda

Attached Files:

5. The Senator

The SenatorValued MemberMember

A+ looks great and will get even better as the plants grow out.

Did you use eco-complete for the dirt?

Nice to have friends that work in pet shops!

6. OP
    OP
    Wayne Lamphere

I used miracle gro organic and ty

7. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Looks nice! Are you worried about stirring up the dirt when adding plants? I tried a dirted tank once, but it didn't work out well for me because I like to rearrange my tank too often haha

You have a stocking issue, if you'd like to discuss it :)

8. OP
    OP
    Wayne Lamphere

Not really scared to stirring up things but I will not be moving them I want to get hair grass but that is down the road and I know that the temperature difference in the fish but they are local breed and are keep in the same temperature as my tank

9. TexasDomer

That doesn't really matter though, they should still be kept within their natural temp range. They've evolved to be adapted to a particular temp range. A few generations (or even dozens) removed from the wild likely wouldn't change that adaptation that quickly.

10. OP
    OP
    Wayne Lamphere

Like I said ty for the info but I know what u are saying but the store and breeder keep them same temperature as my tank is set at.ty sir

11. TexasDomer

Okay, just be aware that your fish will live shorter lives and be more susceptible to diseases if kept at improper temps, regardless of what the store and breeder tell you/what their temps are at.

Best of luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice