Sources For Mudskippers In Austin, Texas?

Alexolotl
So as some of you may know I currently have a fully cycled brackish aquarium, and I’m just waiting on a mudskipper. I’ve ordered one from my favorite LFS already (Austin aqua-dome) but they said it could take up to a whole year for one to come in. Anyone know of any other places in the Austin area where I might find a mudskipper? I thought I might try ordering from multiple sources so I have a better chance at getting one.

75g Discus Tank
I know UglyAsian is from Austin. He might be able to help you.
I didn’t check the saltwater section, but when J went to Austin last week, I went to Aquatek. It’s a cool store. It’s near the airport.

Dila415
119 here

Alexolotl
Yeah, I go to aquatek as well. Nice place, decent selection of corals and great equipment. I actually got my betta there and he’s probably the best betta I’ve ever had.

Dila415- Thank you for that link! I might order my mudskippers from them, though they come in a pair... do you think I could house two Indian dwarf mudskippers in a 20 gallon tall? There are two landmasses (one is made of rocks) with a driftwood log connecting them, so they should each get some space of their own. I originally intended to only keep one, but if I can house two comfortably and safely that’s great. EDIT: The mudskippers I was looking at are actually blue dot mudskippers, Boleophthalmus boddarti. Would two of them be overcrowded in a 20 gallon tall? I tend to think they would be, mostly due to territorial reasons.

Dila415
Is this the one and it's cheaper

TLOP
Maybe the Fish Gallery in Austin?

EDIT: (Actually idk if the Austin fish gallery sells fish)

Alexolotl
I actually used to go to the fish gallery! They moved though I think, because I often pass by them and the store has been empty for a while now. I’ll find their new location and maybe order one, if I can’t get just the one from yourfishstore. I’d be amazed if I came across Indian dwarfs anywhere by chance. They seem surprisingly rare around here!

75g Discus Tank
Maybe the Fish Gallery in Austin?

EDIT: (Actually idk if the Austin fish gallery sells fish)
It's permanently closed down. I was planning on going there but they were closed.

Alexolotl
Aw darn! I certainly hope the same isn’t happening to aquatek, they’re currently having a moving sale (including a really big semi-complete saltwater setup I have my eyes on)

Alexolotl
Ok, so I’ve decided to check ebay as a last resort after looking at tons of online sellers and I think I’ve found a reputable seller (90 percent positive feedback) who’s selling Indian dwarf mudskippers for loads cheaper. The shipping is a tad pricey but as soon as my new heater arrives I’ll probably be ordering one.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Alexolotl
  • Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
SeanyBaggs123
Replies