Sources For Buying Fish Online In Canada

Corrie Williamson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is there any good online stores for buying fish in canada? I thought I found a really good store however they no longer ship to canada. I'm looking for female dwarf gourami and all the online stores I came across in don't sell gourami.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
check out aquabid.com, i don't know if anybody on there would ship to canada, but it's a try.

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I’ve only found a few places that ship fish - trust me I’ve looked - so will be watching this thread.

One is Angelfins in Guelph. Lovely stock and excellent shipping along with an array of neat products you don’t find at a typical LFS (including meds). I’ve never seen them carry gouramis though.

The other is aFishionados in Manitoba - subscribe to their list as they have unusual domestic and wild caught species and let you know what is coming. I’ve never seen a gourami on their list, either. Seems like mostly cichlids though he does carry a fairly broad assortment.

I know female dg’s are very hard to find - no money in it I guess - but if you find any let me know!

Corrie Williamson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I know female dg’s are very hard to find - no money in it I guess - but if you find any let me know!
I asked at one of the lfs near me and was told all the females are typically kept by the breeders, I'm guessing so they can bread more dg's.

I will certainly let you know. I know there are several places in the USA that sell females specifically but none that ship to Canada.[/QUOTE]

Corrie Williamson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CraniumRex said:
I’ve only found a few places that ship fish - trust me I’ve looked - so will be watching this thread.

One is Angelfins in Guelph. Lovely stock and excellent shipping along with an array of neat products you don’t find at a typical LFS (including meds). I’ve never seen them carry gouramis though.

The other is aFishionados in Manitoba - subscribe to their list as they have unusual domestic and wild caught species and let you know what is coming. I’ve never seen a gourami on their list, either. Seems like mostly cichlids though he does carry a fairly broad assortment.

Not sure where you are in Ontario but I did find out that menagerie pet shop in Toronto carries female dwarf gouram8s.
There is an lfs here in hamilton called urban zoo that is trying to get females for me. However neither of them ship.

I am working with aquarium.net on trying to get females. They mostly get males but they do ship.

So far that's as far as I gotten. I may need to bite the bullet and drive the 1 plus hour into Toronto if the local lfs and the living aquarium can't get them in.

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can also try Shrimp Fever.com, they are in Scarborough. They specialize in Shrimp (obviously!) but carry a good variety of fish too.

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Corrie Williamson said:
Not sure where you are in Ontario but I did find out that menagerie pet shop in Toronto carries female dwarf gouram8s.
There is an lfs here in hamilton called urban zoo that is trying to get females for me. However neither of them ship.

I am working with aquarium.net on trying to get females. They mostly get males but they do ship.

So far that's as far as I gotten. I may need to bite the bullet and drive the 1 plus hour into Toronto if the local lfs and the living aquarium can't get them in.
Wow you are resourceful! I am in SW Ont and drove over an hour for my Bolivian rams so I hear you on biting the bullet - gas isn’t cheap and it does add time and stress, possibly more than shipping.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know. You’re the best!

Corrie Williamson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Algonquin said:
You can also try Shrimp Fever.com, they are in Scarborough. They specialize in Shrimp (obviously!) but carry a good variety of fish too.
Thank you! They do have some amazing fish and they sell some of the as pairs. Unfortunately they don't have what I am looking for but I might change my mind and go for Apistogramma Trifasciata Redfin. They are adorable and so colorful and you never see them in the lfs around here so I'm thinking I could sell them easily. Still need to do some more research on them.

I love gouramis and want them too, it might just be a later purchase, perhaps when i tire of breeding angelfish. We'll have to see.

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just a quick note on Shrimp Fever - they get new livestock at the beginning of the month, so that's the best time to shop. Usually by mid-month, they are out of stock on a lot of their fish. Happy shopping!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom