Source Of Micro Worm And Other Bettas Food Cultures

Tigursevin79

Looking for bettas live food cultures. Anyone able assist on what are great companies or members able use paypal to ship cultures. As my lfs do not carry cultures ect sadly

Tigursevin79

How is culturing white worms diff from microworms I saw bloodworms cultured I don't have room or extra supplies for bloods are whites like micros or bloods

Mr. Kgnao

I found my microworm cultures on aquabid, that's what I'd recommend.

Tigursevin79

Mr. Kgnao said:
I found my microworm cultures on aquabid, that's what I'd recommend.
Would micro worms plus hikarI betta pellets and bug bites be enough food source for betta adults

Mr. Kgnao

Pellets and bug bites by themselves would probably work, I only have one betta, and he completely ignores smaller live foods like micro worms and BBS.

imba

Tigursevin79 said:
Would micro worms plus hikarI betta pellets and bug bites be enough food source for betta adults
I'd say just add one or two types of frozen food to your betta diet rotation should be sufficient. I'd recommend daphnia and bloodworms

Fishcat

I think Rtessy had microworms.

Rtessy

Tigursevin79 said:
I've got microworms and white worms, but microworms are way too small for adult bettas, they're only good for baby bettas. White worms can be fed to adult bettas, other than that, mine really like frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms.

Tigursevin79

They were showimg on aquarium co op feeding micro worms to betta fry but aslo as 2x week food for adults id like try blood whitenor tubiflex worms but their cultures require almodt another aquarium set up which I can't do atm hence looking at micro worms :c or was

Sean Smith

For Bettas I just just took some of the planera that showed up in my tank and cultured those and cultured brine shrimp eggs till they hatched and feed them and then for when the Bettas first hatch and absorb their yolk , I have two cultures I started four years ago from draining my filter into a jar and put one small spinach leaf in both and now I just put in a tiny bit of fish food every once in a while to keep it a nice green . ( that’s my micro culture , if it turns yellow it has gone bad and have to restart ) I have had four years of successful batches with these cultures I started with everything I had at home except for buying brine shrimp eggs. I use these cultures till they start accepting fry food. Also blood worms and tubifex worms arnt the best till the little guys hit atleast three weeks till one month old . By then I just feed them dry fry food

Rtessy

Tigursevin79 said:
They were showimg on aquarium co op feeding micro worms to betta fry but aslo as 2x week food for adults id like try blood whitenor tubiflex worms but their cultures require almodt another aquarium set up which I can't do atm hence looking at micro worms :c or was
Huh, my adults never show any interest in microworms or bbs. Maybe it just depends on the betta.
But if you did want some, I can ship you 8oz for $10. I just charge a flat $10 shipping on everything, I've just got extra. White worms are extra. I also have fairy shrimp eggs too, basically freshwater brine shrimp, the babies have the same nutritional value as bbs.

Tigursevin79

ill have get back wit you on that if is ok atm doing a lot research on what I am able culture woulda liked blood worms and micro or would tubiflex worms be better choice then bloods culture wise

Tigursevin79

Mr. Kgnao said:
Pellets and bug bites by themselves would probably work, I only have one betta, and he completely ignores smaller live foods like micro worms and BBS.
Ty for info really apreciate it alot

Rtessy

Blood worms are Midge flies and are nearly impossible for the average person to culture. You just need oatmeal or potatoes or similar for microworms, and tubifex can just live in a smaller aquarium.

Tigursevin79

Rtessy said:
Blood worms are Midge flies and are nearly impossible for the average person to culture. You just need oatmeal or potatoes or similar for microworms, and tubifex can just live in a smaller aquarium.
So guess with bug bites hikarI gold micro worms and tubiflex worms would that be great rounded diet for bettas also any good setups for small set up tubiflex worms

Rtessy

Tigursevin79 said:
So guess with bug bites hikarI gold micro worms and tubiflex worms would that be great rounded diet for bettas also any good setups for small set up tubiflex worms
I would think so, but I'm not an expert. I only have California black worms, not tubifex, but I think they're really similar. They need shallow water, no deeper than 6", a bubbler, and a small container, I'd say minimum size is 1 gallon. I use sterilite 6qt shoeboxes, they're 96¢. Put down a little gravel, feed them some wafers, plant trimmings, and whatnot, water changes 2-3x a week. Just take the tub to the sink, dump half, and refill with water from one of my tanks.

Tigursevin79

think you can pm me your set up for blk worms pics if possible or sie has simular set up or sorry asking a lot ik (might get blk wrms micro n use those with what I have if I am able) need find the stuff your usign the setilite containers but might be able swing

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom