Source for a diverter valve?

1. Calab Member Member

I'm trying to find a two way valve to fit to the 5/8" line on my Rena XP3 filter.

One the valve is in one position, I want the filter to get it's source water directly from the aquarium. When it in the second position I want the source water to come from a bucket.

I want to do the same thing on the output line. One position feed back to the aquarium, the second position to a drain line.

I've not had any luck finding such a valve. Can someone suggest a source? I'm located in Canada (Calgary, Alberta) but can order online from anywhere if needed.

Thanks!

2. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I don't know if you'll find an all in one unit to do it, well not in 5/8 anyway.

You could look at Y adaptors and shutoff valves/taps from Eheim (I know they have a wide range of plumbing solutions).

Or even your local gardening centre may have some irrigation type adaptors :;dk

3. ray_sj Member Member

I was once looking for such a thing to simplify my water changes. Closest I found was this:

Diverting Ball Valves

Largest one they have is 1/2" tubing (inside diameter).

McMaster-Carr is in the US. Don't know if they ship to Canada, but you can give them a call if this part works for you.