Source for a diverter valve?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Calab, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Calab

Calab Valued Member Member

I'm trying to find a two way valve to fit to the 5/8" line on my Rena XP3 filter.

One the valve is in one position, I want the filter to get it's source water directly from the aquarium. When it in the second position I want the source water to come from a bucket.

I want to do the same thing on the output line. One position feed back to the aquarium, the second position to a drain line.

I've not had any luck finding such a valve. Can someone suggest a source? I'm located in Canada (Calgary, Alberta) but can order online from anywhere if needed.

Thanks!

2. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I don't know if you'll find an all in one unit to do it, well not in 5/8 anyway.

You could look at Y adaptors and shutoff valves/taps from Eheim (I know they have a wide range of plumbing solutions).

Or even your local gardening centre may have some irrigation type adaptors :;dk

3. r

ray_sj Valued Member Member

I was once looking for such a thing to simplify my water changes. Closest I found was this:

Largest one they have is 1/2" tubing (inside diameter).

McMaster-Carr is in the US. Don't know if they ship to Canada, but you can give them a call if this part works for you.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice