Sos Worms!!

PureKlutz

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
This morning I noticed two types of white worms in my tank! I think the new snails brought them. Idk what they are at all! My Betta ate one of the millipede looking ones and when I moved him to a cup the current knocked a few of them off him and one seemed to fall out of his gills. They’re probably a few centimeters long and the first worm is hard to see it’s so tiny

Update: I’ve placed my betta in a cup of mostly fresh water, knocked worms off of him, and he’s quarantined away from the tank and the snails who don’t seem to like water anyways.

They look like the images
image.jpg image.jpg

note: I have an algae problem, got the new snails to combat it. I’ve tried algea killers, black outs, cleaning, hand feeding my fish flake by flake already.

(the little white dots in this screenshot (under the play button) of a video i took mostly stay on the glass and are very quick)
B80C0FD4-D501-4FB7-897F-42EC598229EC.png
AA2F98FA-DF0D-47FF-A6D0-5D14D1BBD9FF.jpeg

(this is a photo of a worm, above the play button)

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Likely detritus worms or the like. Worms that would infect your betta wouldn't easily fall off. I wouldn't do so much cleaning, but a few gravel vacs over the next few days should help. You might be overfeeding your betta too, which can encourage worm growth.

Keystone

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Worm #1 resembles a copepod more than anything - does it move in short jerky bursts?

Worm #2 could be several things - a better pic or video of its movement would help

PureKlutz

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Keystone said:
Worm #1 resembles a copepod more than anything - does it move in short jerky bursts?

Worm #2 could be several things - a better pic or video of its movement would help
They do move all jerky like! Me and my husband were googling and that’s what we came up with.

I’ll try to get a better photo (it’s a little harder now that i’m only feeding my betta every other day he’s been hunting them down and eating them, has even turned down his food). I know they aren’t flatworms for sure though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom