Sos Gouramis Sick

ravenmegami

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I noticed this morning that my two dwarf gouramis weren't looking so good. A few days ago I thought their fins were getting "spiky" like maybe fin rot. This morning, one's head looked like it had some bumps... idk it just looked bloated or fatter than usual. This gourami looks half dead now that I'm home from work. Looks like a dark green or blackish stuff growing on his body maybe? I bought some meds on my way home knowing they needed it. The first one's fins look bad.

The second looks like he has Hole In The Head, but it could just be dots of the same blackish growth that the1st one has. He's swimming around though, unlike the first who just has moving gills and mouth.

The first one has a bladder snail stuck to him so ignore that brown blob on him. The second gourami (possible HITH) is the last 2 photos. The other photos are the 1st gourami

I am trying to post ASAP so I can get some help sooner, so Ill take parameters after I post this. I did do a water change like Monday (20%) because my nitrates were high. I have a 29 gal community with 2 dwarf gouramis, a handful of platys and some platy fry, 4 ghost cat fish, 3 balloon mollies. My other fish seem fine.

Attachments

ravenmegami

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Unfortunately the 1st gourami (in worst condition) died literally as I posted this. His gills arent moving any more.I just inspected him. And I don't think he has greenish stuff growing, I think he lost so many scales that his body is lighter and his head is still blue/green!!! What would cause scales to fall off and possibly fin rot? His scales were not sticking out like a pine cone.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Male dwarf gouramis shouldn't be kept together because they'll bully or kill each other. I would expect that either bullying or dwarf gourami iridovirus is to blame. Water parameters would help rule out water quality though.

Don't use the pH neutralizer - you more than likely don't need it, and messing with your pH can do more harm than good.

ravenmegami

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It wasn't bullying. They'd nip each other but honestly my balloon mollies are the meanest of all (might get rid of them, and they're all female!) There's something else going on. The one I still have left looks like possible HITH

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom