Sorry If In Wrong Section But Need To Know

1. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

hi im have accidently swallowed a mouthful of untreated aquarium water trying to syphon and wanted to know if ill be fine? its my first time swallowing the water so im a little worried. all thats in there is my betta and a few plants.

2. Sushi'skeeper

Sushi'skeeper Valued Member Member

Lol, I think you'll be okay. I've gotten dirty fish water in my eyes, cuts, mouth. You'll be fine. :)

3. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I have swallowed a lot of aquarium water since I first started. Trust me, as long as there are no weird medications in there (even then, the amount you'd swallow would be very small and unlikely to harm you at all), you'll be 100% fine!

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

You should be fine.
    In the future, don't siphon with your mouth. Look up on youtube 'how to use an aquarium siphon without your mouth' and you should see some good how-to videos. It is what I did, because I couldn't stand using my mouth......
    Edit: here is an example:

5. OP
    OP
    JamieXPXP

ok thank you everyone. i dont have any medications in the water because there isnt any chems in my well water. i will defintely take a look at that video later because i gave myself a little heart attack lol.

6. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I think you'll be fine

7. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

we've all done that, you'll be fine

8. OP
    OP
    JamieXPXP

hahaha good to know i had a mini heart attack

9. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

10. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

11. OP
    OP
    JamieXPXP

12. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

There are few illnesses you can catch. I think you will be fine tho.

13. OP
    OP
    JamieXPXP

I know I had swallowed slot of it which made me a little worried plus my snail died recently.

14. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

You be fine but the thoughtof seollowing water was why i always got my wife to prime the hose nefore i got a syphon

15. OP
    OP
    JamieXPXP

Yea it doesn't taste very good haha

16. L

Lucas Diaz New Member Member

Don't sweat it, you'll be fine:)

17. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

Swallowing tank water is very very very bad for you.
    It causes many illnesses. You will start to grow gills, develop a caudal fin and a pelvic fin. Also you will have an insatiable taste for Bloodworms.
    I forgot...you will also gain x-ray vision.

18. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

Hahaha. So funny! I wasn't ready for this so early in the morning and almost spit coffee all over my keyboard and monitor. My face and stomach hurt from laughing now.

19. Jnx

Jnx Valued Member Member

Unless you've never eaten pre-packaged, processed, canned, or fast food, tank water's the least of your worries...

20. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

@greenbonsai, I'm happy to put a smile on your face and make you laugh. I hope it helps you get through your day.