Sorority with guppies?

FishGirl115

Wondering if it would be okay to keep some male guppies in my 29g sorority tank? I'd really like some. It would be fine bioload aspect, but wondering about betta aggression?

redmare

FishGirl115 said:
Wondering if it would be okay to keep some male guppies in my 29g sorority tank? I'd really like some. It would be fine bioload aspect, but wondering about betta aggression?
It's probably just not a good idea. It might be possible, but I think you're asking for trouble. How many female bettas are in the sorority?

jake37

I'm doing this in my 29. Every now and then i find a guppy skeleton. One can only speculate on what is happening at night. While no proof i suspect it is the betta as they like to sit still until .... and guppies are ever so trusting.

FishGirl115

redmare said:
It's probably just not a good idea. It might be possible, but I think you're asking for trouble. How many female bettas are in the sorority?
jake37 said:
I'm doing this in my 29. Every now and then i find a guppy skeleton. One can only speculate on what is happening at night. While no proof i suspect it is the betta as they like to sit still until .... and guppies are ever so trusting.
That's sad. They are fine with the neon tetras

NofishB4

They might be ok with female guppies. They wouldn't hassle them like the males and are generally more peaceful. And you can get some really pretty ones (look up dumbo ear guppies) and lots of colors. They add a lot of activity to all levels. And our bettas like to hunt any fry that might come with a girl that is already pregnant

FishGirl115

NofishB4 said:
They might be ok with female guppies. They wouldn't hassle them like the males and are generally more peaceful. And you can get some really pretty ones (look up dumbo ear guppies) and lots of colors. They add a lot of activity to all levels. And our bettas like to hunt any fry that might come with a girl that is already pregnant
Oh cool. I'll look into females

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom