Sorority And Male

Gar2188

Hey all, so I wondering about betta sororities. If I setup a sorority, could I keep a male in a breeder box. Would there any issues with the females flaring at the male? Would it cause any issues? They'd be able to see each other but not physically touch. I imagine it wouldn't be a good idea, but just wondering.

Danjamesdixon

No - it's not a good idea.

Why would you need to do that?

Briggs

Hey all, so I wondering about betta sororities. If I setup a sorority, could I keep a male in a breeder box. Would there any issues with the females flaring at the male? Would it cause any issues? They'd be able to see each other but not physically touch. I imagine it wouldn't be a good idea, but just wondering.

I would avoid it unless you're conditioning them to breed, and even then only do it one on one. Everyone would be stressed out, and it would probably cause aggression between the females.

I know females bettas in sororities already have a high risk of health problems from getting egg bound, and I'd imagine the presence of a male would only make that worse.

Gar2188

Yeah, I was just wondering about it. I have a 25g with a male and I always wanted to try a sorority but I would have to relocate the male. It would be a pretty bad idea to keep them in one tank now that I think about it. Oh well, thanks for the replies

Galathiel

Really, it would be a miserable existence for the male to live in a breeder box as well. I would just keep the 25 gallon for your sorority and get him his own bachelor pad tank (5-10 gallons).

Gar2188

Really, it would be a miserable existence for the male to live in a breeder box as well. I would just keep the 25 gallon for your sorority and get him his own bachelor pad tank (5-10 gallons).
Agreed, I'm actually looking at some tanks now for him.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MrFishkeeper1
Replies
Views
Guanchy
Replies
Views
Tinker Betta
  • Question