Sooo...who's still around?

matsungit

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
poeticinjustices said:
Anders247 - How could I EVER forget you?!

Thanks bornthuswaybettas

I'm still considering how I want to wiggle my way back into this community. I feel like it's weird to just start posting again. Or I'm just being crazy?
Welcome back! I do it all the time. Just post or reply whenever you feel like it. Nowadays I just lurk around and reply to a few posts now and then. I always keep a tab up on Fishlore in my browser.

blusshed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
poeticinjustices said:
Hey you! Thinks are good - if totally, ridiculously insane haha. I haven't had a single day off in 8 weeks and most of my days start at 5a and end around 9p so, chaos ensues. But I'm getting closer to the end of the program so there's a light, however dim, at the end of the tunnel.

What have you been up to?
Geez! That's insane for sure!

I have 2 puppies now and my son started pre-k! So basically that ! :p

poeticinjustices

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks Riv
matsungit - I like your thinking!
blusshed - Puppies! What kind? I have a second dog too but she's an older lady, definitely no puppies right now! Congrats on your son starting prek. Must give you a little free time!

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
poeticinjustices said:
Hey you! Thinks are good - if totally, ridiculously insane haha. I haven't had a single day off in 8 weeks and most of my days start at 5a and end around 9p so, chaos ensues. But I'm getting closer to the end of the program so there's a light, however dim, at the end of the tunnel.

What have you been up to?
Welcome back. Just make sure the lights not a train.

mg13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
poeticinjustices said:
mg13 - Haha I missed you too! I'm around, just totally consumed. It's been really, really insane.
Anders247 - A week! How dare you abandon this community for so long!
shayla1 - I'm so glad to see so many people still around! The goldies are good though it's a different group. I lost most of my originals with the exception of Fritz awhile back to various issues I think just bad breeding maybe made worse being exposed to an uncycled tank early in life and one to an incident with the gravel vac The new ones I was much responsible in selecting healthy fish, stable tank. Motley, my beloved favorite, I had to euthanize recently. She reached breeding maturity and became egg impacted, developed an infection and dropsy. That was awful.

But the ones I have now I've had for awhile and they are healthy and beautiful and really a joy to own knowing what I know now. They've brought me more peace than stress haha.

How are all your tanks? mg13 did I read that you had camallanus worms to deal with recently? If so, I hope treatment is going well!
To answer your questions, yes and no. I do have the worms :{ and I haven't gotten rid of them yet
So sorry about your babies, it seems like in fish keeping, all things do is die...

poeticinjustices

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
mg13 said:
To answer your questions, yes and no. I do have the worms :{ and I haven't gotten rid of them yet
So sorry about your babies, it seems like in fish keeping, all things do is die...
I'm sorry to hear that mg13

It's rough, there's a lot of loss in fishkeeping. They are such delicate creatures by comparison and their entire universe is in human hands which means a lot can go wrong.

You've certainly always been dedicated and it doesn't seem that has changed.

I've worked hard at practicing acceptance when I look at my tanks. You do the very best you can, you hurt and grieve when it goes wrong, but you accept that so often these things are out of our hands.

I started to really understand this concept after I lost my originals. It was and is very difficult, especially when I made the choice to euthanize motley. But practicing acceptance has served me well, allowed me to enjoy them and care for them but not be utterly devastated and self deprecating that they didn't live 15 years and grow enormous and die peacefully and naturally.

We do the very best we can.

Thinking of you and your fishes

-PI

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi nice to meet you! I'm fairly new here, joined only four months ago. I have a severe case of MTS that I don't think can really be cured lol. I had six tanks at one point that I've downsized to four at this point. But that could change at any point lol. I noticed you posted in my goldfish thread. It seems you keep orandas also?

elliot5445

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello! I left for a while in the summer, but am back! I had a 20 for a year or so, and then I found Fishlore about 9 months ago. Now I have a 90 and a guppy breeder tank. Thanks everyone for giving me MTS! I would have a 125+ tank if my parents would let me XD

blusshed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
poeticinjustices said:
Thanks Riv
matsungit - I like your thinking!
blusshed - Puppies! What kind? I have a second dog too but she's an older lady, definitely no puppies right now! Congrats on your son starting prek. Must give you a little free time!
I have 2 frenchies!

And you'd think that it would give me major free time but honestly 9-2:45 is gone in the blink of an eye and then he's home again haha! Plus I feel like I'm always scrambling to get things done.

Tomorrow morning I'm completely cleaning my cars interior though as soon as I drop him off at school. Should be interesting lol.

poeticinjustices

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dom90 said:
Hi nice to meet you! I'm fairly new here, joined only four months ago. I have a severe case of MTS that I don't think can really be cured lol. I had six tanks at one point that I've downsized to four at this point. But that could change at any point lol. I noticed you posted in my goldfish thread. It seems you keep orandas also?
At one point I had 3 or 4 tanks as well. But when my school schedule ramped up i downsized considerably. I now have a brichardi cichlid tank that I can't seem to break down because I can't catch the parents to rehome them haha and my 75 gallon fancy goldfish tank.

I do keep orandas, I have four of them in various stages of growth. The other two are ranchu - a side view ranchu and a black thai. Gorgeous fish, super needy though.
@ - I love frenchies! They have all the willfullness and character of the bully breed stuffed into those little bodies haha! I know what you mean about time, whenever I have a few hours here and there it races by because I either fell asleep (HARD) or I spent it doing all the projects I am behind on.

elliot5445 said:
Hello! I left for a while in the summer, but am back! I had a 20 for a year or so, and then I found Fishlore about 9 months ago. Now I have a 90 and a guppy breeder tank. Thanks everyone for giving me MTS! I would have a 125+ tank if my parents would let me XD
Well welcome back! I'd love a 100+ as well. All in good time!

Chunk101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey, we missed you!
So sorry to hear about your original Fancies .

You've almost completed the program right? I'm sure you're doing great.
I think you'll have earned a graduation gift, get yourself a 180g!

poeticinjustices

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Chunk101 said:
Hey, we missed you!
So sorry to hear about your original Fancies .

You've almost completed the program right? I'm sure you're doing great.
I think you'll have earned a graduation gift, get yourself a 180g!
Meh...almost-ish haha. I am halfway through the third semester. Then I have one more semester but my schedule is going to ramp up considerably in that time frame. So there's still a lot to be done but I am muddling through.

A 180g...still thinking small eh We just did a lot of work on our basement so I'm feeling like making a room down there as a yoga studio/giant goldfish tank space.

aHumanBeing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome back,
Still around but mostly post on a few facebook Goldfish groups.

Glad to hear you're still into Goldies

poeticinjustices

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
aHumanBeing said:
Welcome back,
Still around but mostly post on a few facebook Goldfish groups.

Glad to hear you're still into Goldies
Of course!

I had two other tanks...a small tropical tank with the tiny types and a brichardi tank.

With my new schedule, I broke down the 10 gallon tank and rehomed the inhabitants. I still have the brichardi tank on account of how I can't catch the fish to rehome them and they keep spawning and I'm too much of a softie not to raise the babies.

But if i could, it would just be the goldies!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom