Sonny becomes Blaze

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got a big surprise today! When I received the fish I thought I had ordered from Miami Aquariums, he was a different color than the picture. He is more like a sunset color rather than a bright orange. So I am exercising a woman's right and changing my mind...his name is Blaze!

I will post pictures as soon as the little dickens settles down and is quiet long enough to be seen for a second. He is still investigating everything and active as can be so I doubt if I could get anything but a blurr.

Rose

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
can't wait for some pictures.

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome Blaze!

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am soooo excited for you Rose!!   I can't wait to see more pictures of Blaze. Welcome home Blaze! You will love your new mommy.  She will spoil you rotten!! Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well he settled down for a few minutes when he found "another betta" there - himself. So I hurried and took a few pix before I turned off the light so he could get to know the tank and not stay flared. They are not the best as he was still wiggling but I will maybe do better when he gets over being a baby and isn't so silly....

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
congratulations on your new betta, he looks like a keeper ;D and gorgeous

Austin

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is really a beautiful color and such a lovely tail!  He looks really happy in that tank!

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think he looks much better than his picture led on.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I agree, we do have the right to change our minds if we want to. I think Blaze is a very fitting name. He is a really handsome fish, and very energetic. I am sure is very happy to have such a big tank to play in and explore. Congratulations!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is extreemly curious and active. He is healthy and took to the "baby betta food" immediately. He loves the tank and was really impressed with the bridge that Marty hated. (it was really Marty's Christmas present from Santa, but he despised it so I left it in the tank when Marty moved back to his old tank) (see picture)

Alexander, whose tank is right next door (12" away), is totally miffed; but he will get over it just like he did with Marty being next door. It is amazing they do not flare at each other, just pout...

Well, today is another day in the life of the little ones and I will have to see what it brings. There is never a dull moment here.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aww what a cute little bridge, do you have a full tank shot?

he looks so nice

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is still in the 3 gallon grow-up tank and will be for a little while until the other 5 is ready, but here are the full tank photos. The bridge is almost 8" across and he loves to swim through.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's awseome I'm gona steal it from you

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He's such a cute little guy! He looks like he's having so much fun zooming back and forth there.  ;D

I love the bridge! Where did you get it?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd like to know that too, may I guess online though

Austin

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I love the pictures. What a beautiful tank! Blaze is going to be one very pampered betta.

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They have I believe 3 styles of bridges and castles and the Taj Mahal and everything. I had to order another type of thing for Marty since he hated the bridge and would have nothing to do with it. He is getting a castle now and hopefully that will pique his interest. The cories have had nothing for their tank but a tiny little ornament so they are getting a make-over too after Christmas. I have not decided on their tank yet. They are fighting a snail problem yet. Their plants are slowly disappearing like the other tanks did. As soon as the holidays are over I am ordering plants from someone I can trust and starting over with just a couple real ones in each tank and other than that they will have silk.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know, give the cories some slate caves.

I could give you some cambomba and anarchis for free if you'd like, I think I could work it out.  I also finally got around to writing how to kill and prevent snails in one post where people can also add what they have used in the snail board.

Austin

O I know, you can give the cories a sand bottom for a makeover, they love sand. You'l see them digging and playing in it a lot and it will increase their life span.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
(((((Rose)))))

Beautiful Blaze. Beautiful tank. Beautiful bridge. Heh. You are the greatest source of all things Betta.

The heater you recommended is on the way and I must have that bridge to be sure!

When you find that great source of real plants, I'd love to have it too. Mine are surviving, suprisingly, but a back up is always good.

I'm so happy for Blaze and you and for all the rest of your lil ones!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you want some I could send you some too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom