Help Somewhat Low Kh And High Gh..

marcus489

Reaction score
Hello

Today I checked my KH and GH levels in my freshwater tank that's over 5 years old. I do realize I should have kept closer attention to these specific parameters, but I unfortunately didnt. So in my tank, according to my API liquid test kit for KH and GH, my KH is 4° and my GH is 12°. Recently I've been a little more concerned since my pH has increased to 7.4 from 7.0 since my last test.

I also tested my tap water. The KH was 6° and the GH was 8°. Should I be concerned? And if you think it's an issue how should I try to increase KH/decrease GH?

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
how often do you do water changes, and what % do you change out?

KH is fine, GH is ok seems to have some build up though.

pH from 7.0 to 7.4 isn't bad, as long as its pretty stable, and not swinging up and down a lot.

watermelon46

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello

Today I checked my KH and GH levels in my freshwater tank that's over 5 years old. I do realize I should have kept closer attention to these specific parameters, but I unfortunately didnt. So in my tank, according to my API liquid test kit for KH and GH, my KH is 4° and my GH is 12°. Recently I've been a little more concerned since my pH has increased to 7.4 from 7.0 since my last test.

I also tested my tap water. The KH was 6° and the GH was 8°. Should I be concerned? And if you think it's an issue how should I try to increase KH/decrease GH?
I have the same issue! 10 gallon fw tank, KH of 4 and GH of 15. Maybe it's the same problem.

marcus489

Reaction score
how often do you do water changes, and what % do you change out?

KH is fine, GH is ok seems to have some build up though.

pH from 7.0 to 7.4 isn't bad, as long as its pretty stable, and not swinging up and down a lot.
I've been starting to do weekly changes, but I was not doing it that often before. Also I use tap water (with conditioner ofc.)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom