Sometimes overstocking works out ok

SpecialPatrolGroup

I wanted to post some pics of my pond, because it's looking really beautiful at the moment. Although I have (now) four inside freshwater aquariums, my pond and my goldfish are my first loves.

I'd never had a pond (or goldfish) before and didn't know much then, so it's really got way too many fish in it. However, in the 18 months we've had it, I've lost only one fish and that was to an accidental injury when I was cleaning the filter in the dark :-(

I work very hard to maintain the water parameters, I have a large filter that I clean every second day and do a water change at the same time. I designed and built a custom cover that is easy to lift for maintenance and accommodates the plants and fountain, but keeps out leaves and other debris. For summer, I've made an additional "shade" cover as well, as I live in Western Australia and our summers can be brutal.

I have 14 comets and shubunkins in my 92 gallon pond and even though that's about 11 fish too many they are friendly, playful, peaceful and an all-round delight. I am in the process of designing a much larger and more interesting pond but in the meantime, they're the happiest, healthiest and most beautiful fish I have. Enjoy!

TropicalFlow

I’m glad it worked good in the end, it’s so beautiful

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wooptido
  • BottomDweller
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
BottomDweller
  • Wendigoblue