Sometimes feeding my Betta...

PAcanis

... doesn't always go as planned.

pig tetra1.JPG

pig tetra2.JPG

pig tetra3.JPG

Sometimes it's hard to target fish when feeding.
This isn't the first time someone has come up and snagged a Betta pellet after chowing down on their own food. It takes them a while, but they finally get it swallowed.

BigManAquatics

I try to feed the other fish on the opposite end of the tank where the betta is at...that doesn't always go as planned. Doesn't help he is an uncooperative punk some days!

PAcanis

Not much gets by my Neons. Not in a 10g cube ;)

Blacksheep1

Get a straw and out the opening in the tank infront of your Betta, grab a pellet and drop it down the straw ! Viola . Your betta will still ignore it :D

PAcanis

Well, feeding him just one at a time is a good idea :)
The Neons see a couple floating by him when he is chewing and they take that opportunity.

Blacksheep1

I can relate. I do the same with my husband !

PAcanis

I can relate. I do the same with my husband !

Hey. No laughing emoticon?
Well, LOL I guess ;)

On the plus side, at least I'm worried about feeding my fish. 25 years ago I just let it happen.

StarGirl

:hilarious: like this one? lol

Blacksheep1

Hey. No laughing emoticon?
Well, LOL

no I’m deadly serious when it comes to stealing his food whilst he chews ! I fully take my opportunity :D

Ahhh but sometimes the times move for the better ! Maybe they didn’t like prawn cocktail covered in parsley 25 years ago !!

PAcanis

:hilarious: like this one? lol

Hey! Where'd you get that?!
I am emoji challenged on this forum. I even tried typing one that is available on other ZenForo forums and it did not work here.

They should get rid of the Like button hardly anyone uses and give us more emojies ;)

StarGirl

Hey! Where'd you get that?!
I am emoji challenged on this forum. I even tried typing one that is available on other ZenForo forums and it did not work here.

They should get rid of the Like button hardly anyone uses and give us more emojies ;)
: hilarious : No spaces in between the colons and hilarious.

Blacksheep1

I’ve posted an emoji before and it came up at a male sign !? I was soooo confused ! I’ve been experimenting ;D

PAcanis

no I’m deadly serious when it comes to stealing his food whilst he chews ! I fully take my opportunity :D

Ahhh but sometimes the times move for the better ! Maybe they didn’t like prawn cocktail covered in parsley 25 years ago !!

Oh...
I thought you meant you had to feed him through a straw one at a time...
:D

Blacksheep1

Whose colon though ? :hilarious:
Oh...
I thought you meant you had to feed him through a straw one at a time...
:D

I will do if he doesn’t start sharing more readily !

PAcanis

My Betta was checking out the algae pellet I put in for my Corydorus Habrosus. The Corys were uninterested, but the Betta was very interested, nosing it into the grass where it would be harder for me to pluck out and easier for him to get stuck. Which he did. Over and over.

It's hard to get a clear pic. Every time I approach the tank he thinks I'm going to feed him and moves. And then since the Cory were so close, touching him at times, they move, too.

The last picture you can barely make out another Cory right underneath him.

IMG_6987.JPG

IMG_6988.JPG

IMG_6989.JPG

IMG_6990.JPG

The Betta eats flake food now. So maybe it eventually would have eaten the bits of algae wafer, but I removed them since they were meant for the Corys.

I like how the Betta isn't interested in the other fish much except for what they might be eating.

PAcanis

I just found out he'll eat a shrimp pellet.
I hope he doesn't scarf them all down.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leemie
  • Question
Replies
Views
SquidBones
Replies
Views
NeonTetraMX