Something's wrong with my beta all the sudden pleas help!!!

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Reptiguy97, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Reptiguy97

Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

I just got back from a Coffey house and looked at my betta and now he is covered in what lookes like some sort of white fungus I put 2 life guard all-in-one treatment tablets in there in high hopes that it will help. I have no ideah what it is I have never seen anything like it in my 3 years of fish keeping. I have a picture that I took of him a few minits agow. If you look real close you may be able to make out the white areas and just to clarify this is not ich trust me. Please help!!!

Attached Files:

2. tunastrack

tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Aww Im ss your boy is ill...I cant really offer any suggestions on what is going on with him. columaris maybe? I do hope he gets well very soon!!

When was his last water change? Water test?

3. OP
    OP
    Reptiguy97

He had a water change and test about a day ago. I an wondering if its the tank. Because I got the tank at the Salvation Army thrift store. I have no ideah what the previous owner of the tank kept in it but it looks like some sort of salt water reptile if theres such a thing because the tank had some salt deposits in it plus a reptiglow UVB light. I scrubbed the tank clean but I am wondering if its a lingering fungle or bacterial infection.

4. Mrs.Price

Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

It could very well be fungel, or an external parasite, I'm not sure, have never dealt with this before within my own aquariums. I hope you get the answers you need!

5. tunastrack

tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

How long have you had the tank? And what were the test results from yesterday? These things can make all the difference with the health of yor fish. Also, did you clean the tank before putting him in? If so what did you use?

All of these things are very important to determining how to help him. Esp the test results. He could have ammonia burning if his tank is new and not maintained properly. Which can then get infected. Causing the white stuff.

6. JustKeepSwimming

JustKeepSwimmingWell Known MemberMember

Looks like fungus to me. I received a betta once with fungus and had good luck with Jungle Fungus Eliminator. Maybe give it a try.

7. OP
    OP
    Reptiguy97

Unfortunately he didn't make it. That's so sad considering the fact that I was planning to try out tetra neons in it. But I did every think I could. I put him in a different tank with some new water and some Jungle ick guard 2 and some Jungle fungus guard and increased air flow like it seis on the back. But to answer your question tunastrack I had the tank for about a week and I did clean the tank and his test results were PH:7.0, high rang PH 7.4, ammonia 0.25 ppm, nitrite 0.25 ppm, Nitrate 5.5 ppm. It's so sad considering the plans I was making for him. By the way I did find some Jungle fungus guard that I put in with him and increased air flow like it seas on the back but no luck. So now comes the sad question of what to do with his old tank so what types of fish do good in a 10 gallon tank any suggestions?

8. ILikeFishies

ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

Sorry for your loss :(.

As for the 10 gallon tank, if it was me i would either go with a school of fish xD. Maybe neon tetras or rasboras, they're cute :). Or you could go with the ole Platies or guppies :D. You gotta love those little guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice