Something's Fishy Here with our Nomad Lifestyle

Callinectes55

We're retired, living the RV nomad life. We travel with two African Dwarf Frogs and Otto, the betta. They travel well so we've limited our species to just those two. Both small aquariums are broken down when traveling from RV park to RV park.

We're interested in aquascaping as an added hobby.

ForBettaorForWorse

That's so cool! My family travels a lot, and we used to bring Bettas with us when we traveled. (Not in good conditions, but we didn't know better back then)

BradleyH2O

Welcome! Pretty neat lifestyle

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

Azedenkae

Oh wow, that's awesome.

jpm995

I have to say fishkeeping in an RV would have never crossed my mind. Im so glad you can do it successfully. Good luck with the aqua scaping project i'd offer suggestions but i'm lost here.

Mudminnow

Welcome to Fishlore. I bet keeping aquariums with a nomadic life style presents unique challenges.

I'm reminded of this traveling aquarium I saw in Florida. It was a large marine aquarium in a truck that traveled around the state for education purposes. I spoke to one of the folks that ran the operation, and I learned they lowered the water level by about 50% (split into 2 tanks) to balance the weight and keep things from splashing out when moving.

Do you have to do anything special with your tanks when underway?

Callinectes55

Welcome to Fishlore. I bet keeping aquariums with a nomadic life style presents unique challenges.

I'm reminded of this traveling aquarium I saw in Florida. It was a large marine aquarium in a truck that traveled around the state for education purposes. I spoke to one of the folks that ran the operation, and I learned they lowered the water level by about 50% (split into 2 tanks) to balance the weight and keep things from splashing out when moving.

Do you have to do anything special with your tanks when underway?
Hi there! We left SC yesterday. Both tanks are small (2 gallons). To prep, I transferred Otto to the frog tank that is kept at 7" deep anyway. For heat, is pretty easy. Plug it into the truck's 110.

All seems well.

That for the nice welcome!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
petlorilea
Replies
Views
fishplace
Replies
Views
Roxie Brookshire