Something Wrong With My Espi!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Alexis Hooten, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Alexis HootenValued MemberMember

So I get home yesterday from a long day at Scarborough Fair, and find one of the 9 espis extremely discolored and injured. It happened basically overnight because everyone was fine Saturday. Im posting a pic down below. I do have him quarantined from the others and gave him some "all around" fish medicine (says it treats ich, fungal, infection, yadda yadda) and I did give him a short salt bath because once I saw the wounds I figured salt wasnt a good idea. Any info and whatever yall think is going on would be appreciated! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

First, I wouldn't add any kind of medications. If this little guy doesn't need it it can do more harm than good.

I would keep him in quarantine with pristine water and just keep a close eye one him. If he just got in a fight with one of his tank mates a time out and super clean water should fix him right up.

3. Alexis HootenValued MemberMember

So you think it looks like he got jumped by his buddies? /: thats unfortunate, I had a fry survive so their number went from 8 to 9. Could a new member to the school cause aggression? Iv never seen any of the other tank mates show any kind of aggression.

4. mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

That is what it looks like to me but of course you can see him better in person than I can in a photo.

Absolutely! Fish do form a pecking order and sometimes changes can cause spats. Hopefully your little guy will be alright. When you put him back in with his buddies you may want to rearrange some of the deco in the tank. That way they will all be getting used to the change and it should keep them from paying extra attention to the newcomer. It kinda tricks them into not even realizing the new guy/gal is there.

5. Alexis HootenValued MemberMember

Okay thank you for the help and information!

6. mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

You are very welcome. I hope your little guy gets better quickly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice