Something Weird In My Tank!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Wwwdotwtfdotc0m, May 31, 2019.

1. Wwwdotwtfdotc0m

Wwwdotwtfdotc0mNew MemberMember

Hi all! I have a 5.5 gallon tank. Has a fikter and heater. Houses one male betta and two african dwarves, one male and one female. All are happy housemates.
    My question is....
    I purchased a little blue cave for my betta. A few days ago, I noticed little white bubbles or sacs. They come off when I poke them with the turkey baster. They aren't on anything else and everyone seems to be in good health. I had taken it out and washed it only for them to return two days later. They don't seem to be affecting anything. My curiosity is just rolling! They seem very thin. Almost opaque. They move with the water current. Theyread round and look like empty bubbles. But they aren't plain old air bubbles. Anyone ever have this happen??

2. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

Hi & welcome to Fishlore, any chance of a pic or two? they would make trying to ID what they are a bit more likely.

3. OP
    OP
    Wwwdotwtfdotc0m

Wwwdotwtfdotc0mNew MemberMember

Of course. Haha. My daughter is currently taking a snooze in there but when she's up and running, I'll snap one.
    I realized too late that I needed a picture but figured I'd chuck the question out there in case it sounded familiar!

4. RangersWillReturn

RangersWillReturnValued MemberMember

I am interested in seeing the pic. got my curiosity up as well. lol

hopefully its nothing to worry about though.

5. Skavatar

SkavatarWell Known MemberMember

the bubble are coming from the blue cave? was it purchased at a pet store? is it certified pet safe? it could be leaching some kind of fume/vapor

6. NC122606

NC122606Well Known MemberMember

Did you boil it?