Something on/in Betta's Gills

mcdon1bl

Hey all - I've been treating my betta - getting him to gain weight and also treating with erythromycin and aquarium salt as my LFS recommended. He seems to be doing better but I finally got some decent video of what is going on with his skin. His skin is clearing up a bit but i'm wondering if anyone has any idea what is going on with his gills? it looks like there's a white/translucent thing on his right gill.

Please excuse his full belly - he just got a good helping of thawed frozen brine shrimp seconds before I took the video

Link to video: video-1629237576.mp4

Karmie121506

Hey all - I've been treating my betta - getting him to gain weight and also treating with erythromycin and aquarium salt as my LFS recommended. He seems to be doing better but I finally got some decent video of what is going on with his skin. His skin is clearing up a bit but i'm wondering if anyone has any idea what is going on with his gills? it looks like there's a white/translucent thing on his right gill.

Please excuse his full belly - he just got a good helping of thawed frozen brine shrimp seconds before I took the video

Link to video: video-1629237576.mp4
Maby it is just a loose peice of scale or something. Is he acting normal? Is there stuff floating around in the water that got caught?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ShorKie
Replies
Views
ahouseofscales
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views