Something is eating/destroying my anubias

Please help me to identify the culprit . I LOVE THIS PLANTS.. And they were just start to grow new leaves.. Then something unexpected happened.. Something is eating or destroying it..

Heres my pets
Whiteskirt
3 spot gourami
Danio
Bladder snail
Ramshorn
Ivory snail
Trumpet snail
Whisker shrimp.

Solution
I guess you'll just have to observe. Sooner or later you will spot the culprit.
Ya.. My anubias would be safe outside the tank and let the leaf grow and become more strong and hard.. So they wont be eaten anymore.if I put them inside the tank again. I would do this as another option.

Another probable culprit is myself. I probably damaged the plant.. Without noticing it. I'm new in trimming plants.. Thats why.

Ty by the way
Very few things will eat anubius. Are they getting bare spots on the leaves? That is usually a sign of nutrient deficiency. A newer plant will often lose older leaves when they melt in a new tank. Also if the rhizome is buried in substrate it will die. Those things are pretty hardy.

Very few things will eat anubius. Are they getting bare spots on the leaves? That is usually a sign of nutrient deficiency. A newer plant will often lose older leaves when they melt in a new tank. Also if the rhizome is buried in substrate it will die. Those things are pretty hardy.
They are new leaves.and they were healthy
Are the gourami's nesting? They might be biting bits off to put in their nest? Or just biting bits off...because they can.
Ahhh.. Thats scary.. I dont kep male gourami so the females wont build nest and kill my floating plants.
Yes.. Gouramis are also known to nip plants especially floaters.. Because they are good food source and they are probably the culprit..

But there is another probable culprit that .. It was the white skirts.. These small fishes are basically like piranhas when they are hungry.. When I introduce a frogbit in my tank.. They start to tear off its roots. Poor plant.

I guess you'll just have to observe. Sooner or later you will spot the culprit.
Ya.. My anubias would be safe outside the tank and let the leaf grow and become more strong and hard.. So they wont be eaten anymore.if I put them inside the tank again. I would do this as another option.

Another probable culprit is myself. I probably damaged the plant.. Without noticing it. I'm new in trimming plants.. Thats why.

Ty by the way

Solution
Top Bottom