something is causing my fish to be ill - Page 2

OP
guppygrl

guppygrl

Once things are back to normal I may look at getting some more female swordtails. I just love guppies tho and how pretty they are. Such varied colours and fin shapes. Too bad they are so fragile and hard to keep.

OP
guppygrl

guppygrl

Update.. both died last night. What a shame... they were packed full of fry.

fishynoob

Well Known
That's such a shame. Fortunately or unfortunately one of mine died days after giving birth but only one of her fry survived but its pure white at the moment and about 1cm long

OP
guppygrl

guppygrl

Thanks. Sniff sniff... I should change my name to guppy-widow. wish I could have got some fry before they all died.

That's great you could save some fry tho! I had a batch of fry last month but the moms died shortly after as well.

Ziabis

Well Known
My female black phantom had a similar type white spot on her and she was able to survive another 8 months. I still have no idea what it was. But no other fish got it...
I hope everything get better..

Hello to fellow Ontarion...

I'm sorry they past... I know it's hard... I am quite attached to my last phantom. His name is Shadow and hes huge, Ive had him for almost 2 years... He has a bunch of new phantoms, but hes still kind of a loner now...Hes about 3 times bigger then the others.

OP
guppygrl

guppygrl

Thanks Ziabis. :) just wish I knew what it was but it's possible even if I knew what disease they had it may have been too late to save them.

New Threads