Something in my tank..What is it?

1. axel Well Known Member Member

Out of nowhere theres appear brown dot like sand in my tank suction cup..i also found tiny dot in aquarium glass (so small nd only a little)...Then theres this red thread i swear its moving....my tank has beens etup for 2 weeks with no fish except dying plant..still waiting for new lighting..90 gallon tank with built in filter or side filter.. http://imgur.com/a/pHrr7

2. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

What kind of plants? Could it be decaying matter? Or spores? Or your plants had hitchhikers, and now they are hatching out. Where did you get them. Did you treat them before putting in your tank.

Do you have a magnifying glass? If not, get one. They come in handy at times like this.

3. axel Well Known Member Member

how to treat them before putting in tank? the plants already been there for 2 weeks,will water change help? i notice yesterday some mosquitoe stand in water surface,could it be possible mosquitoe larvae?

4. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

5. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

You can use a weak bleach dip for plants before placing them into your tank. So like a capful of bleach in a 5 gallon bucket of room temperature/warm water and soak the plants for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Then fill the bucket again with clean dechlorinated water and let the plants soak for a few hours. Then they should be ready for your tank.

6. axel Well Known Member Member

i found something floating on water...its oval white and its swimming,not sure what is it...but only saw 1 or 2 on it...is this bad for plant or fish?

oh btw yes,my plants are decaying some of bacopa leaves turn brown and melt in water,could this be the cause?

7. axel Well Known Member Member