Something in my betta tank

Wrona0306

Hi everone
I have 25l betta tank with 3 amano (2 with eggs) i woke up this morning and have something in the water what looks like some kinde worms or i dont know exacly but i think that can be small shrimps. My betta eating this.
Please tell me what this is and what to do.
Also my filter inlet suck this.
You see this on that picture
Is hard to make pisture but is plenty of this white things

Attachments

• 16177962084428278783362221267933.jpg
    16177962084428278783362221267933.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 31

grac3

i don't remember the name of them but they're completely harmless. if you're worried about your betta being bloated from eating all these, fast him for a day or two

Upvote 0

barbiespoodle

They wouldn't be baby shrimp since amano larvae need a marine environment to grow before they go back to fresh water.

I can't tell from the pics what they are. You need to look closely to make sure they are not planaria, look them up on something like you tube. But even if they are, they are not harmful to your betta or amano's, it's us neo caradina or caradina shrimp keepers that have to worry about them.

And if your betta did eat them, I don't see where they would harm him, just an added protein snack.

Again, I can't tell from the pic, but if from you checking to find that they are not planaria, then they will be one of the common detritus worms and those are totally harmless on all fronts, actually a sign of a well balance tank. Personally I kind of enjoy the various creepy crawlies I find in my tank, detritus worms being one of those, but I'm weird that way, lol.

Now on to shrimp. I adore my amano's but the big heartbreak of them is always seeing berried females and knowing that the babies won't make it, I just don't have the expertise to raise the babies. So I have the cherry shrimp (not all cherry shrimp are red, it's just the common name for them). Those puppys are very prolific, way cute and can be kept with bettas if there is enough cover for the babies.

Upvote 0

Wrona0306

They wouldn't be baby shrimp since amano larvae need a marine environment to grow before they go back to fresh water.

I can't tell from the pics what they are. You need to look closely to make sure they are not planaria, look them up on something like you tube. But even if they are, they are not harmful to your betta or amano's, it's us neo caradina or caradina shrimp keepers that have to worry about them.

And if your betta did eat them, I don't see where they would harm him, just an added protein snack.

Again, I can't tell from the pic, but if from you checking to find that they are not planaria, then they will be one of the common detritus worms and those are totally harmless on all fronts, actually a sign of a well balance tank. Personally I kind of enjoy the various creepy crawlies I find in my tank, detritus worms being one of those, but I'm weird that way, lol.

Now on to shrimp. I adore my amano's but the big heartbreak of them is always seeing berried females and knowing that the babies won't make it, I just don't have the expertise to raise the babies. So I have the cherry shrimp (not all cherry shrimp are red, it's just the common name for them). Those puppys are very prolific, way cute and can be kept with bettas if there is enough cover for the babies.
Hi thanks for respond but i just see my amanos and only one of them have eggs now so i think overnight one just chatch and this worms are larve what will die or be eated by betta. This will have sens for me. I also compare them with some youtube vid how they looks like and this worm like are exacly seem. I just wonder if betta not eat all and they die, this larve will sink to the botton and will make amonia if im right. Hope this is just my sily thinking

Upvote 0

barbiespoodle

Hi thanks for respond but i just see my amanos and only one of them have eggs now so i think overnight one just chatch and this worms are larve what will die or be eated by betta. This will have sens for me. I also compare them with some youtube vid how they looks like and this worm like are exacly seem. I just wonder if betta not eat all and they die, this larve will sink to the botton and will make amonia if im right. Hope this is just my sily thinking

No not silly thinking. There is no such thing as silly thinking when it comes to keeping aquatic life. My personal opinion is that the only stupid question is the one not asked. And this forum is here for the questions that are asked. So never think that you concerns are silly or not worth asking.

Now as far as you worrying about the amano shrimp larvae causing a ammonia spike when they do not make it because it is not the right type of environment for them. I have three females who seem to be in a constant state of being berried. I know the larvae will not survive and deal with it. But the larvae are so tiny that if they are not eaten, then what do not live do not cause any spike in ammonia, they are just too tiny to do so. Or at least in my tank with the amano's I have never seen this happen.

And I want to add, I wouldn't give up my amano's. Even though they are not reproducible like my cherry shrimp, they are long lived, large compared to other fresh water shrimp and very personable to the point they actually swim into my hand when I feed, they are more pets than the cherry shrimp.

Again, I want you to do an online search for your worm, you tube is a great place to start. Considering your tank, even if it is planaria, it won't be a problem. If it is a detritus worm, again, don't worry, they are harmless.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Some worms in the tank?
Replies
Views
immadalin
Replies
Views
kinsey12345
Replies
Views