Something’s Wrong

Anna94

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Shouldn’t my sponge be a lot dirtier/grosser than this? The filter’s been running for 5 months, but the biomedia is from an old filter that ran for a year and a half. The tank is a 29 tall and I currently have 14 fish.
IMG_8861.JPG
IMG_8862.JPG

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow! What type of fish do you have and what type of filter? I just cleaned my sponge and it was dirtier than that after cleaning. However, my tank has goldfish which are water piggies.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, they do have small bio loads. If the water is clear and clean it must be doing its job.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow - mine is way dirtier than that, even after I wash it. I assume it is wet & water is flowing through it? Do you have a pre-filter sponge on?

Anna94

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mom2some said:
Wow - mine is way dirtier than that, even after I wash it. I assume it is wet & water is flowing through it? Do you have a pre-filter sponge on?
No, but I do have a sponge filter as well being powered by a powerhead and it isn’t grody either.

Anne79

Reaction score
wish mine would be as clean ... its gross me a bit when i rinse it in the dirty water after maintenance.. mine is totally brown compare to yours...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom