Someone Please try to help me identify? :(

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Np... just look around tons... there are SOOOO many different species of saltwater fish you'll be finding new ones everyday... if there is an aquarium near you its nice to visit and look in the smaller tanks for ideas. Just look around a lot and make sure the fish are compatible with the type of tank you want to make... for instance dont buy chocolate chip starfish if you want corals... gl with your tanks

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jon,

By the way don't know much about Saltwater fish, (still just focusing on Freshwater for now as far as research goes), but i am curious ??? why not a chocolate chip with a coral?

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Many fish and inverts are considered not reef-friendly...

chocolate chips for instance will eat coral. just research fish before you buy to make sure they are compatible with your set up

Kanadian

Reaction score
have you looked at a dragon wrasse befor? or a forktail blenny or a long nose hawk! or even the foxface! and my fav. goby the flame goby (not the fire goby but the flame! ) its cause of these fish that are making me start up a salt water tank! they are so amazing to look at and watch @ work!!! i just cant wait to get my tank started and fully cycled now!!!

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Guys all these fish are just SOOO coool  I dnt know what to do with my tank now - I have a clownfish and 2 yellowtailed blue damsels so far but I dont know whether to go the "reef and invertabrate" route or the "fish only" route. I would love lots of live rock and corals and mushrooms, I love starfish too and would prefer to keep fish to a minimum. Could you advise/help me?! My pics are in the marine photo section. Its a 40 gallon tank and I'm going to buy an AquaC protein skimmer next payday. So far I have one little piece of live rock and some naff gravel as the substrate but I think I'm going to get some aragnoite sand. Any recommendations otherwise? Cheers!
Ursh

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads