Someone please stop me!!

1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Made an innocent trip to my local PetCo today, because the LFS was closed. I certainly didn't expect to walk out with anything, much less another fish :p Why is it that you can't leave a pet store with out something? :giggle:

So, here I am, $14, a new betta, a pack of Aponogenton bulbs, and a small (3/4 gallon) Kritter Keeper later :) He'll only be in there about 5 weeks, then he'll either get a 3 gallon Kritter Keeper, a 2.5 gallon Aqueon MiniBow, or a share a divided tank with a few other males. We'll see how it all plays out :p

Anyway, heres a quick pic of him. He's much more purple in person. I hope he marbles out to be all purple :)

[​IMG]

He's pretty small, so even this little tank is like a mansion to him LOL He's in complete awe over the space he has XD Just wait till I give you an even bigger tank, little guy :giggle:

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

wow he is beautiful!

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Isn't he cuuuute! X3

4. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Adorable, but I like Halfmoons better- who doesn't? He must be so happy in that little tank. At least it's better than what the stores stick them in.

Now, Akari, that's enough new bettas. I know they're pretty and can stay in smaller tanks than other fish, but you only have so much room. Picture it- your house stuffed with betta tanks. Oops, this probably sounds like paradise. Picture all those betta tanks filthy, full of algae, with half-dead fish in them, because you got too many bettas and couldn't take care of them all. Because of course, you titled this post "someone please stop me".

Sorry if that grossed anyone out.

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I loooooove HMs, but I need that cash to pay for getting my oil change and tires rotated LOL

The remedy to this: Divided tanks =D

Lol I know when to stop, and this definitely is it, for now. Me and my dorm room :rolleyes: I can easily take care of multiple tanks, its just space that I need XD

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

lol your bad.

thanks nippy I was thinking along those lines haha

7. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

No more Petco/Petsmart for you!

Beautiful fish though. haha

8. Borisbbadd Guest

Have I got a bridge to sell you.....:anim_63:

9. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

so we need to have your frequent shopper cards revoked?

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

my, that's a nice...<gulp> betta you got there! Congratulations :)

See anything else at the store?

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh poop! I forgot about PetSmart D= I'm sorry! Its all PetCo's fault >.< :giggle: I have to go out again tomorrow, earlier in the day, so I'll hit PetSmart after I get my car done :)

12. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Divided tanks- of course! They're amazing! 3 or 4 bettas in a 20 gallon tank, all beautiful, all with sufficient space, and only 1 filter, light, and heater! Although I find it hard to believe that you won't get any more. What if you go to your LFS and see a black crowntail? Can you resist? Or maybe a pink veiltail? Hmmmmm? :)

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

LOL Of course I can =D I resist all the time. I hit PetSmart like once a week XD

Its funny you say a black CT. I was deciding between this guy and little black CT female with red fins XD

14. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

poo ship her this way! I have wanted a black CT be it female or male.

15. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

i think you and your bettas have really convinced me to get a second one. maybe even divide a 10 and get 2 more :) haha.

16. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Do it! >:D

17. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I got that 1.75 snifter bowl just sitting empty begging for a king beta lol and my local petco has 1 in stock lol

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Thats not a good permanent home for a King. A female veil or whatever, maybe, because they stay smaller, but its still kinda small ;)

19. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

guess no betas for me then.

20. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Check out the kitchen section in WalMart. You can score all kinda of goodies there ;D