Someone is getting a girlfriend ;)

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
Well I decided to trying putting nereas in the 10gal one more time (last time he hated it) This time I filled the water about 4/5ths of the way, and put in some larger plants from my 40gal in. So far he seems ok with it, but still not as happy as he should be. So I have decided I am going to get him a girlfriend. First I have to pick up a divider and a couple more tank accessories, but in a couple weeks he will have a new friend to flirt with ;D

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
He's going to love it! Nothing perks up a male Betta like a pretty female as a neighbour! The divided tank will be smaller quarters for him and should make him feel secure and the female will take his mind off things. Filling his space with plants and ornaments will give him lots of hidy spaces and things to explore.

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Just be wary of them jumping, but other than that have fun!

OP
gammerus

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
I am still trying to imagine my moms face when I bring home "another betta." I need to find somewhere to keep the tank too, I only have so much fish tank safe furniture. :-\

Well we are selling the 40gal because it takes up too much room in the livingroom and when my grandfather visits he has a hard time going through the hallway with his walker. so I will have some extra money for plants and some more decor.

OP
gammerus

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
I want to make the tank look nice after it is divided...does anyone have any pictures of their own divided tanks so I could get some decorating ideas?

New Threads