Somebody reassure me

1. Jowenbra Member Member

I just introduced the first fish to my 40 gallon. It's my first real tank, I only have a 10 gallon with some guppies and endlers besides this. I've taken every precaution, it cycled for nearly 6 weeks, and all water parameters are good. The fish I introduced (for now) are 4 khulis and 2 pearl gourami, I think it's an M/F pair but I can't be sure, unless they mate or something. The only issue I have is my water has fairly high ph, but I think it should be fine. Despite everything going exactly how it should so far I'm still unreasonably worried I did something wrong and the fish are suffering and/or dying. Has anybody else felt this when first introducing fish to a new tank? I am going to be very relieved when they all decide to stop hiding. Here is my planned stock for anyone interested: http://bit.ly/22Eeogy

2. moonraingirl Member Member

Hello Jowenbra, I know that feeling, too. I've had my fish for a week now and I'm still concerned if they are OK. I'm worried about tank parameters, temperature, and best method to clean the tank. I've done my research best as I could and the fish look fine, but I'm still expecting that I'll find them dead next time I'll look there... I think it will take a month or two until I'm relaxed a bit :-/
    It feels better to know that someone else has similar feelings

3. FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

Your planned stock looks good as far as everyone getting along, and space wise your good to ( you still have about 20% )
    Your Kuhli may be hiding because they prefer to be in groups of 6+, but you plan on getting 10 so your fine.
    What is the temperature in your tank?
    Cardinals usually prefer a higher temperature (75+)
    Gold tetras seem to be slightly harder to keep. You could stay with them (you just have to be carful) or Ember Tetras also have the orange-gold color if that's what you're looking for. They also stay 1" so you could get 15-17 of them.

4. Jowenbra Member Member

I'm keeping the temp around 77, and the golds can be swapped, I may also get rummynose but embers are also a possibility. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this! Haha