Somebody Nipped My Angel

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
one of my fish nipped the top of my angelfish fins....i'm thinking its the krib...I have never seen him attack him....but he has been a little grumpy lately....what should I do...I love that little krib....would hate to have to give him away...he was the only fry I have ever had...kind of sentimental towards him....but I love the angels too...what should I do?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is the krib still a fry?

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd guess that it was the other Angel that nipped him.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
the krib is six months old...the other angel "obi-wan" used to get picked on by "vader", the angel that was nippex, but recently they've been hanging out a lot and have seen the roles reversed with obi-wan picking on vader once in a great while...but they usually get along...so I don't know who did what? they are like the size of a quarter each....vader being a little biger than obi-wan...

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
what do you guys think?....I know the names are a lil cheesy...but I like them..

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I have moved your thread to the Cichlids/Angelfish section of the forum to help you to receive more responses.

Thanks!
Ken

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I appreciate it...I just noticed my krib attacking obi-wan, my angelfish.....maybe its time to let go of my little krib...

so what do you guys think should I give him another chance, or is it time to say goodbye?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with nick...although I'm sure your krib does the chase now and then, seems he might not be big enough to hurt yet....and if I'm wrong and you actually see the nips coming from the krib, then you have to make the decision on re homing ....how big are your angels? could be sparring/spawning mode as well

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
the krib is about 1.5 inches long and the angels are about 2 inches long...I did see the krib take a nip at one of the angels and he does chase the harlequins on occasions...but not sure..l haven't seen too much aggression between the angels myself....

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads