Some Weird Plant Or Algae

Aidan O'CONNOR

Reaction score
Im new to the forum and have I have a 20l tank with a piece of driftwood, and some plants, I know I have the anubias, java moss but I don't know what the others are. For fish I have a Male koi betta who is very calm and peaceful. I also have a farlowella catfish, a dojo loach, a horseface loach, and a dwarf crayfish. For awhile now I've had this really weird plant sort of thing growing on 2 of my rocks and starting on my driftwood. Up close it looks like a shrunken down tree. If it's not harmful to anything I'd like to keep it and let it grow a bit since it looks pretty cool. Does anybody else have this or had it before? I'm getting some hair algea on my anubias leaves that I have to get rid of. I do plan on changing my substrate to sand soon since I want to try and get another horseface loach. Would I need to put root tabs in the sand for the plants?

Attachments

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
looks like some staghorn algae coated in slime algae. Both are bad and should be removed. And yes, i would put root tabs in the sand for the plant, but just one under the plant.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom