Some Thoughts I'd Like Opinions On....

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Bry, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

Finally something not involving my 55 lol.
    I have a 37 gallon with two platies, two mollies and one baby angelfish about the size of a quarter.
    A standard 20 gallon that has a male and female German Ram Cichlid, not full grown, they're about an inch.
    And a 5 gallon with a Betta and 4 neon tetras.
    Okay, now that the info is given, here's my thoughts.
    I am debating moving my Rams into my 37, but I don't know how well an Angel would get along with them? I've read so much debate on size requirements for either singles or a pair of angels. I had originally thought to get a second and hope they pair (or be two females), but if I move the Rams, I think I'd have just the one.... maybe??
    *IF* I moved the Rams, I was thinking of moving my Betta and Neons into the 20 and getting more neons. As I've been informed they need a bigger school than I thought.
    *IF* I moved my Betta then I was debating getting a single pea puffer for my 5? I can't seem to find tank size requirements for a single puffer. All I can find are for "small schools" which ranges from 10-15 gallons. Whatever a small school means.
    But this may just also be me wanting to make room for more fish so feel free to tell me I'm crazy and need to stop.
    I think regardless I'm going to move the Neons into the 20, whether it be with the Betta or I'll just have a school of Neons in with the Rams.
    Sorry for the ramble, just trying to share my thoughts. Though I may wake up tomorrow and think otherwise. But I appreciate any and all advice I get on here! :)

2. david1978

david1978Fishlore VIPMember

Well you have a few temperature compatibility issues that will help you determine were your fish go. The german rams, betta and angelfish are tropical fish (around 80 degrees) the neons are subtropic (around 75 degrees) but the betta probably wont work with rams but the rams might work with the angelfish since its a bigger tank. So that would put the neons into the 20 but leaves the betta behind in the 5.

3. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

A 37 would be fine for a couple of angels and a couple of German rams. I agree the neons don't fit. They need a bit cooler water.

4. OP
    OP
    Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

The three tanks listed are all kept at 78 degrees... (My 55 goldfish tank with no heater stays about 70)

5. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

78 is a bit warm for neons and a bit cold for German rams.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice