Some sort of fungus on driftwood right above waterline

Aquaskape

Reaction score
I have this reoccurring issue on one piece of manzanita driftwood. It is right near the waterline, never goes under but stays in the damp area of the wood. I can't seem to get rid of it. I've boiled the wood, bleached it as well but it keeps coming back after several days. Attached a picture, any clues how to get rid of it?

Attachments

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It takes a couple months for driftwood to fully establish in water, till then, the wood will continue to grow types of fungus. Just wipe it off whenever it pops up and it will stop all together after a month or 2.

OP
A

Aquaskape

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, this tank is roughly 8 months old and this has started to appear on the driftwood about 2-3 months ago. I have been wiping it off, tried hydrogen peroxide several times. Then resorted to boiling it and then bleaching it about a week ago, and this little bigger popped up about 2 days ago. It gets roughly the size of 1.5sq inches in 5-6 days time. I do about 20% water change every 3 days with RODI water and drop one squirt of fert (thrive) once a week, if that helps on a 70g tank. Tank is pretty clear, with very minimal algae.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom