Some quirks from the new kids

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Red1313, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

So with 8 new bettas in the house I'm slowly getting to know them. I have however found out that there is one game that they all like it play.

It's called give Red a heart attack.

Here's how the game works, there are a few variations of it but this is the general trend:

It typically starts with swimming off to the back of the container (though Draco will do it right at the front). It then involves them sitting very very still. Waiting patiently for me to come over to check on them. Then when I get there they drop to the bottom and don't move, they don't twitch, they barely even breathe. I open the lid to the container, no response, I wiggle a finger in the water, no response (I'm starting to panic at this point) I move the finger closer (still nothing) I almost touch there tail and then they bolt across the tank to the front and start the feed me dance!
    :nono:
    It's not funny! I've had three of them to it and my red boy do it once after I fed him, I thought I'd killed him!!!
    They are enjoying my pain far far to much :p
    :;laughing
    They're too pretty and clever for they're own good :p

2. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

OMG that is hysterical! Some clever, clever kids you got. Are they related?

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

A couple of them are :p They're all from three breeders so there are some sibling pairs in the group. I think that the boys spend they're days plotting against me :p

Two of the girls on the other hand don't play the (NOT DEAD) game, instead they're prima donna's who are the pickiest dang eaters! Especially my Red female, I'm not 100% sure if she's even ate yet!

4. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

There just playing dead.Thats probaly what the owner taught them to do lol

CB

5. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Hee hee, got some characters there. I think they were in the bags too long and the CO2 got to their heads and they decided drunkenly to plot an evil game!!! Guess it worked boys, but now we know your game, give up, as we'll just ignore you...

6. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

Oh man... My Remus did/does that to me. I've 'sort of' gotten used to it... still makes me nervous though!!

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Red are you sure their not related to Clown Loaches? LOl they do that all the time :)
    Carol

8. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

My lavender male loves that game. Are you sure they didn't come from MM? She might teach hers to do that.LOL:;banaman

9. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Red, don't ya just love the little Possums! lol......They will come around in a few days......Once they get used to your face and know the food comes from you!

10. OP
    OP
    Red1313

lol
    The little possums are giving me gray hair! lol.
    I have to say that the Ontario bred kids are much more social, (especially munchin the extra female I got) the Marble boy seems to be catching onto the me equals food think as well :p

11. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Naughty little bettas. Sounds like you have your hands full up there, Red! Have fun with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice