some questions on the 29 gal im setting up

hjkaga

Reaction score
I am going to set up a 29 gal freshwater tank in the near future.  I currently have 6 zebra danios, 1 leopard danio, 1 glowlight danio, 2 white clouds, 2 corys, and a dwarf frog that I am planning on putting in the tank.  (not too sure if the frog will go in or stay in a smaller tank)

I am planning on getting 2 angelfish for the tank also.

I am thinking of adding 4 more corys to make a school of 6. (I think they are spotted corys, they only get about 1 1/2 - 2 in max)
I am also thinking of adding dalmatian mollies and/or neon blue dwarf gouramis.

Now for the questions:
should I had 4 more corys?  less?  no more?
should I go with mollies or gouramis?  or both?  how many?
should the dwarf frog go in or should I just keep him in his own small tank?
any other suggestions/ideas?
if I am going to be overstocking just let me know, I don't know yet how to know if the tank is overstocked or not.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
1.Yes add four more corys, if possible get the same type and sand, they LOVE sand
2. I would go with swordtails, tetras, or rasboras instead of mollies, perferably tetras or rasboras
3. keep the dwarf frogs in their own small tank, they are close to blind and it will be easier for them to find food, make sure the tank is covered
4. If you want angels get 5-6, find two that pair off and return the rest
2 angels
6 corys
6 zebra danios+other danios
is a fully stocked tank so don't get any other fish besides those two

What type of filter are you going to buy?

You could put a betta in your five gallon once you get rid of the other fish, also may I suggest you get that larger tank asap because your five gallon is way overstocked.

atm

OP
H

hjkaga

Reaction score
I didnt know pet stores would take back fish u didnt want. do they buy them back or just take them back for free? I am planning on using either pengiun, empreror, or aquaclear fiter, haven't made up my mind yet.

I know the 5 gal is overstocked and am hoping to have the 29 gal up and ready soon so I can move them all in there. I may end up getting a betta for the 5 gal afterwards, if I can find a good healthy looking one.

oh yea, u said about the tetras or rasboras instead of the mollies....what about a pair of dwarf gouramis? everywhere I check says that angels and gouramis are good together...

sorry for all the questions..this is so hard to decide what to get and what not to get...

JMatt1983

Reaction score
yes pet stores do take fish back, but you have to ask about the policies on that, some will only accept exchanges, some will only refund half of what you pay for them, and some will refund the whole price

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya different stores have different policies, most of the time it's the smaller owned buisnesses that give you some sort of credit. I'm not sure how well danios and gouramis go together as they are both surface swimmers.

atm

OP
H

hjkaga

Reaction score
according to liveaquaria (drsfostersmith site) danios and gouramis are compatible...

New Threads