Some questions and Advice please

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
First off I just want to say Moving Stinks, we are partially moved, still have not moved my fish yet. Man I miss them in the evening. will be starting to move them Friday, not even sure where to start, should I put them in bags or buckets?

Should I leave the 120 last?

I found some really cool shells at a yard sale, most of them were store bought, wanted to try and make a formation with them combined with pvc pipe, for my African cichlids when I move them into the 120 gallon. What do I need to do to the shells before i use them?

My plan is to have my African cichlids in my 120, with bn pleco, reg large pleco, would they be alright together?

65 gallon (getting friday) for my pair of Jacks.

30 gallon Long for my 4 baby jacks and pink convict (for now till i can find a bigger tank) 2 raphalel cats, 1 cory cat.

20 gallon is gonna just be for the bichir until I get up enough nerve to see if he can live with my Af. Cichlids.

10 gallon will be for my jacks fry if they are easy enough to catch when i start to drain the 120 tank.

We are only moving like 15 miles away from the other place.
Oh my gosh i never thought i would have to get use to the silence at night. we were living very close to train tracks.

One last thing I came this close |-| to buying my first betta today, He was a beautiful purple (my favorite color).

Ok I think I am done, thanks for reading and feel free to give any comments or advice.

Hsunami

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can always buy a big plastic Tupperware and leave them in there. And do 50% water changes for that Tupperware. Or go to target or something and buy a really large plastic storage box type thing. I know they have it cause i was going to buy one large enough so i can house water in there and age it.

Or if you do not want Tupperware just drain about 60%-70% of the water and leave them in the tank. You'll just need 4 strong men to carry them for you. Bribe them with BBQ after and a beer or something.

For the 120gallon i would say move it first then base ur furniture around it it'll be alot easier instead of having all ur furniture in there then u move the 120gal then decide you dont' like where it is.

On your questions about housing the species with other speices i'll let someone answer that cause i have never had those fish you had.

steve(redlakefalls,mn)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
when i did my move i use 5gal pails,seemed to do a great job.didnt lose a fish,thank god.good luck.wish i could be more help.

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
anyone know how long the good bacteria will stay alive on substrate and filters & bioballs, my 120 is fishless but there is still a few snails in there. I have not drained it yet. just wondering after i drain it, will the good bacteria have before i get it set back up.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
keep it wet and it'll be fine for several days, wish we were closer I'd definitely give a helping hand, moving big tanks is a pain!

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes it is a pain.. I went to move my 30 gallon by myself and could not do it. I did not want to disturb the substrate that was in it. so I walked over to ace hardware and asked one of the guys that works there if he could come over and help me load it on the truck. he did thank goodness.. I offered him some money, he would not take it. I have my husband and son and son in law that will help its just getting them all there at the same time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom