Help Some prime help needed

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Right people I need your help

Where can I buy Prime in the UK?

Is prime in white bottle with red label?
Also is it for salt water & freshwater tanks?
I ask these 2 questions because I'm sure I have seen it somewhere and in sure it said salt water and fresh water and had a red label. But i'm sure it was the other side of the country!

How do I use it and what else should I use it with? I was using stress coat & stress zyme, but I have stopped using the stress zyme after peoples advice on here. (thanks for the advice my ammonia levels are dropping in my problem tank since i stopped using it)

thequietman44

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It does come in a white bottle with red label, and it is for both SW and FW use. It's primary use is to treat/dechlorinate water before adding to the tank during a water change, but it can be used to detoxify ammonia etc. in an emergency (though I'd rather do water changes in that case). The dosage is on the bottle, like one cap full for 50 gallons, or two drops per gallon depending on the size bottle.

I use Prime exclusively so I can't comment on other products to use with it. Also haven't a clue as to where it might be sold in the UK, sorry .

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi allibobs,
Yes prime is a white bottle with red label. It is safe for fresh and saltwaters.

http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Prime.html

As for buying it in the UK, you could buy online from http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/seachem.asp

Prime is listed about half way down the page....

Or you could try:
Cockfields Aquatics
Cockfields Farm
Lees Road
Ashton-Under-Lyne, Manchester OL6 8AR

Hope this helps
WOW WOW WOW you have freaked me out there! That's down the road from my house!!!!!!!! I dont tend to go there or buy much from them as there over priced for everything apart from tanks ( I have had a couple of bargain priced tanks from there). I shall be making a trip there later today though! I can see me ending up with yet another tank for baby fish whilst I'm there. Thank you so much for the help Ryan!!!!!

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you're more than welcome allibobs.

I found it by doing a dealer search on Seachem's website.

I'm not familiar with UK geography, so didn't know other suburbs/towns/cities to key in.

Hope you find the Prime.... IME most larger chain stores also carry Seachem product now (well here in Aus anyway)

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I went and got some! but it made me sad

I went to Cockfields farm about a month ago to look at tanks for my stepson and there was an Oscar about 8inches long really nice bright colours and swimming about happily saw him again today and what a sorry state he is in. In the picture belowe he is literally propped up against the glass in the corner. Also as you can see in the picture he has some horrid looking sore's looks like hexamita but it's all over him :-(

11.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom