Some plant questions

MissNoodle

Got some questions about my plants...

My water wisteria has nice round fat new leaves, but the old leaves are getting holes and ratty. Should I remove these even though there's quite a few like this? Also, why are the new leaves shaped differently?

I got some crypts, is this one a crypt wendtii? How fast will they grow?

I got a discount sword plant. Its taller leaves were melting and battered up so I removed them. Did I plant this right? I read its best to leave the root crown above substrate. Is there any way to identify the type of sword plant it is?

Bonus, my platy boy was sleeping in the sword when I turned lights on this morning. So they at least like the plant

angelcraze

I'm not sure why the wisteria is growing so thick, except perhaps you have a lot of light shining on it?

Yes, that a crypt wendtiI red Love those plants!

And the sword is ok, but I don't leave the crown above. I think it would just encourage sister plants to grow off the crown that way, not a harmful thing.

MissNoodle

I'm not sure why the wisteria is growing so thick, except perhaps you have a lot of light shining on it?

Yes, that a crypt wendtiI red Love those plants!

And the sword is ok, but I don't leave the rhizome above. I think it would just encourage sister plants to grow off the main root part that way, not a harmful thing.

The sword has some new leaves coming in, but itll be nice if I can get it nice and full. Are swords fast growers?

As for the wisteria, its in a well lit spot. But its always been put in a bright spot and its leaves grew normal before.
Could it be the root tabs? Ive added API Root Tabs and it was after that this started happening.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • Question
Replies
Views
yeti79
Replies
Views
Fishwifery