Some pictures of the 75 gallon

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello Everyone,

As I have promised, here are some pictures of the tank. The tank is not yet set up. I will set it up in a week or 2, when my plants arrive (ordering from AquariumGarden.com).

I promised to take the pictures of the Coralife fixture and of the moonlights for Atm, and of the filter and filter media for Golden Fish. So here is everything as promised

Atm, here is the Coralife fixture, and the moonlights. The moonlights are ON and OFF on the pictures. You also asked about the glare from the fixture. Because the stand is not very tall, the level at which the fixture sits is below my eye level. So when I am standing next to the tank, no glare is getting into my eyes. But if you mean the glow of the light on the floor, YES, there will always be the glow from the light on the floor if you're using any legs with the fixture.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Golden Fish, here is the XP3 filter and the filter media. The basket with the coarse foams goes on the bottom. The basket with the fine foams goes in the middle. And the basket with the biological media (Eheim Ehfi-Substrat) goes on the top. On the top of the biological media I will also have a white micro-filtration pad.

Those who don't have planted tanks can arrange the filter media to contain activated carbon or charcoal. I cannot use any of these as they will remove plant nutrients from the water.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: Some pictures of the 75 gallon (Atm and Golden Fish, LOOK)

Thanks so much Isabella, ya I think that might work for me if I can find one of those fixtures for a good price.

About the filter, so you just stack those on top of each other and that's all the filter is?

By the way, that's a very beautiful tank

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

You're welcome

A higher wattage fixture like Coralife or Current USA will cost A LOT at a regular fish sore (including Aquarium Adventure). I bought my Coralife fixture - which is 48" long and has 2 x 65W - for almost $120 ($118.99 to be exact). While it may seem like a lot of money as for aquarium light, believe me, this is very cheap compared to the price of THE SAME fixture at a local fish store. I ordered mine on Big Al's.

As for the filter, yes, you simply stack the baskets with the media on top of each other. Coarse foam goes all the way on the bottom, the fine foam goes in the middle (or you put activated carbon instead of the additional foams in the middle basket - if your tank is not planted); and the bio-media + a fine micro-filtration pad go on the top.

And thank you ... although the tank is not yet set up, so we don't really know if it will turn out beautiful or not ... lol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Ya a fixture half that size was going for my price at a lfs, though the Saltwater store I'v found has fixtures for reasonable prices, only like 10$ up from an internet price.

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score

WOW! very nice tank Isabella! Thanks for the pics. Those media baskets look huge!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

Golden Fish said:
WOW! very nice tank Isabella! Thanks for the pics. Those media baskets look huge!
You're welcome The media baskets may look huge, but relative to the size of the tank they don't appear that large to me. But I should be fine because I got 2 times as many sponges as you normally keep in that filter. And I got 2 Liters of biological media for the top basket. So, this is a whole lot of biological filtration (as the sponges will become an effective bio-filtration with time too).

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Love settin up new tanks. Thanks for the pics Isabella! Nice lookin tank.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi Mike, I love setting up tanks too! Well, the 75 gallon was a lot of work, but I still loved it. Actually, working with tanks doesn't feel like work to me at all - it's just a wonderful hobby. I could be setting up a new tank every month or week if I had the space to keep so many tanks and the patience for so many water changes ... lol ;D

But hey ... I still have the 30 gallon tank that's crappy-looking right now, lol. I think I will get new lights, Eco-Complete, and plant it too

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom