Some pics of my week old tank 10 Gallon Tank

1. craigsankyo Initiate Member

This is my week old first proper attempt at a planted. There is a little bit of tannin in the water, from either the DW or the soil (despite numerous boilings, I think it's still the DW)

I'm still trying to figure out what the plants are (our LFS's here aren't exactly all knowing, and I seem incapable of getting success with this sort of internet research)

Hope you enjoy the pics :D

I'm contemplating going small with the stocking when we eventually get there, probably a Beta with a small bottom feeder and a few something else < 1inch in adult size.

Ideas and comments welcome:;thx

Attached Files:

2. Broq15 Initiate Member

Your bottom 5th pic is a melon sword.

3. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Very nice looking aquarium!!!

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! :;hi1

Your plants look great! Sorry I can't help identify them, though. :)

5. craigsankyo Initiate Member

Broq15 : Thanks for the ID :D

theshiftys_jm, iloveengl : Thanks, my SO was tasked with choosing plants and took upon herself to do the aquascaping, she's a lot more creative than me so that's why it looks good :D I'm kept around to do the maintenance lolz

6. theshiftys_jm Member Member

*LOLOLOL* Ahhh yes. I know exactly what you speak. My Mrs. is the same way. I clean, feed, and place the ornamentals as SHE wants them. *LOL* Right on!!! Good for your SO!!!!

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Craig. You've done a wonderful job with your tank. Please keep us updated :)
    Ken

8. click Well Known Member Member

Great job. Here are my 2 cents on plant ID: the plant in the 3rd pic looks like Chain Sword to me. The next one seems to be a Green Crypt and the last looks like Amazon Sword.

Looking forward to see more pics after you cycle.

9. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

looks really good, i wish i had your aquascaping abilities

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

11. jana Member Member

Nice tank. The last one is an amazon sword and i have one too! :D

12. Shadowbeam Member Member

Looks lovely! You've done so much with a small space and it will be a very lucky fish that lives there :D

13. craigsankyo Initiate Member

thanks to all for the compliments - my SO is beaming from them :D

Thanks also for the help Id'ing the plants, now I've got a name for 'em I can find 'em on the all knowing.

Butterfly : thanks for the advice, is there a specific reason that plants with Rhizomes need to be attached to something as opposed to living off the substrate?