Some pics of my week old tank 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by craigsankyo, Dec 6, 2009.

1. c

craigsankyo New Member Member

This is my week old first proper attempt at a planted. There is a little bit of tannin in the water, from either the DW or the soil (despite numerous boilings, I think it's still the DW)

I'm still trying to figure out what the plants are (our LFS's here aren't exactly all knowing, and I seem incapable of getting success with this sort of internet research)

Hope you enjoy the pics :D

I'm contemplating going small with the stocking when we eventually get there, probably a Beta with a small bottom feeder and a few something else < 1inch in adult size.

Ideas and comments welcome:;thx

Attached Files:

2. B

Broq15 New Member Member

Your bottom 5th pic is a melon sword.

3. t

theshiftys_jm Valued Member Member

Very nice looking aquarium!!!

4. iloveengl

iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! :;hi1

Your plants look great! Sorry I can't help identify them, though. :)

5. OP
    OP
    c

Broq15 : Thanks for the ID :D

theshiftys_jm, iloveengl : Thanks, my SO was tasked with choosing plants and took upon herself to do the aquascaping, she's a lot more creative than me so that's why it looks good :D I'm kept around to do the maintenance lolz

6. t

theshiftys_jm Valued Member Member

*LOLOLOL* Ahhh yes. I know exactly what you speak. My Mrs. is the same way. I clean, feed, and place the ornamentals as SHE wants them. *LOL* Right on!!! Good for your SO!!!!

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Craig. You've done a wonderful job with your tank. Please keep us updated :)
    Ken

8. c

click Well Known Member Member

Great job. Here are my 2 cents on plant ID: the plant in the 3rd pic looks like Chain Sword to me. The next one seems to be a Green Crypt and the last looks like Amazon Sword.

Looking forward to see more pics after you cycle.

9. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

looks really good, i wish i had your aquascaping abilities

10. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

11. jana

jana Valued Member Member

Nice tank. The last one is an amazon sword and i have one too! :D

12. S

Shadowbeam Valued Member Member

Looks lovely! You've done so much with a small space and it will be a very lucky fish that lives there :D

13. OP
    OP
    c

thanks to all for the compliments - my SO is beaming from them :D

Thanks also for the help Id'ing the plants, now I've got a name for 'em I can find 'em on  .

Butterfly : thanks for the advice, is there a specific reason that plants with Rhizomes need to be attached to something as opposed to living off the substrate?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice