Some of the cherry shrimps exhibit abnormal behavior

FBI

I notice some of my cherry shrimps were swimming around without any goal. This baffled me because they normally just scavenging around or chilling at the plant or sponge. Majority of the shrimps still showing normal behavior like chilling at the sponge or just staying at a spot. Only some were swimming around.

The last water changes is 3day ago and they were pretty chill about it when i doing the water change. Idk what cause the abnormal behavior since all the water parameter doesn't show any changes.

Here is the pic and video link to show what they doing.

GoldieLove

Hm, I've seen some of the shrimp at my local pet shop do the same thing. They don't look really stressed from my point of view but I suggest keeping an eye on them just to be safe. If they keeping acting that way after a 5 to 7 days, try testing the water to see if somethings off.

FBI

GoldieLove said:
Hm, I've seen some of the shrimp at my local pet shop do the same thing. They don't look really stressed from my point of view but I suggest keeping an eye on them just to be safe. If they keeping acting that way after a 5 to 7 days, try testing the water to see if somethings off.
I went back and check on them again, it seems they calmed down and eating. Still don't know what cause it in the first place, haha

GoldieLove

FBI said:
I went back and check on them again, it seems they calmed down and eating. Still don't know what cause it in the first place, haha
Very good! They were probably just checking out the tank especially after the water change. One of my African Cichlids acts like a toddler when I change his water. It's like he thinks I destroyed his home. lol He calms down after a few minutes.

Flyfisha

When female cherry shrimp moult they release a hormone into the water .The males then swim around looking for the female to mate. She needs a hideout at this time as her shell ( exoskeleton) is soft.

This is one of the reasons we see more activity sometimes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom