Some Of My Shrimp

1. sunnycal

sunnycal Well Known Member Member

Hi Everyone, Here are a few of my cherry shrimp and firered under some Hygrophila Compacta plants. Going on 3 yrs and many generations later all has been going strong. IMG_20180515_141306_201.jpg IMG_20180515_140519549.jpg

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Looks like you have some nutrient dificiencies if you want to hear them.

3. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

Maybe! My Hygrophila gives me problems at times but my back plant grows like a weed where I'm trimming a lot. Don't want to dose with anything. I should add more substrate to have it deeper but not interested in doing so with baby shrimp in the tank. I've had these plants for yrs from another tank.

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Their isn't much you can do if your not going to dose with anything. What i'm seeing is a magnesium deficiency which could also explain the iron deficiency.

5. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

Yes, I'm not interested in dosing but thank you. My plants have been growing and they color up depending on light intensity.

6. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

I had time to go look at my plants and I'm not even sure they are lacking the nutrients you have mentioned. My light intensity was on high and can make some leaves not appear as green. I've had other issues with leaves though in the past. Anyway, I came on here for other reasons as described in my initial post to show my shrimp and tank.

7. t

tjander Well Known Member Member

@op the tank looks amazing... first rule in the hobby IMO, is if it looks good to the owner and the owner is happy, it is fine...

8. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

Thank you. I'm not new to planted tanks and fish and sure I've had ups and downs, probably like a lot of us have in the past and present too. I had to do a few trimmings already this year for the growth was so over grown on my plants.

9. WTFish?

WTFish? Well Known Member Member

Very nice tank, I was actually going to compliment the plants as well! 3yrs...must be doing something right.

10. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

Thank you. I appreciate it. They are doing well.

11. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Hi Cheryl!!! Your tank & plant's look AMAZING!!! Great job!!! :happy:

12. OP
    OP
    sunnycal

Hi Dawn,. Thank you my friend