Some Of My Cpds Are Dyeing

Silvershod
Some of my CPDs are dyeing... I have had them for a week. They are not eating, getting really thin and hanging out at the top. My tank is 10 weeks old and cycled, planted and reading 0-0-5ppm, Ph 7. 25% water change with prime weekly. The guppied, neons, and shrimp are all fine. Grateful for any help. thanks

smee82
Could be parasites but need pics and aslo what does their poo look like

FlipFlopFishFlake
Have you tried feeding live foods?

Silvershod
Could be parasites but need pics and aslo what does their poo look like

I haven't got a look at their poo. The sick ones stay near the back of the tank. I have tried frozen foods also and the sick ones will not eat.
This evening I did a 50% water change, took out the carbon and treated with API General Cure, it covers a wide range of parasites.

IMG_0021.JPG

Yes I have.

smee82
I wpuld qt them if possible so they don't infect your other fish if they haven't already

Silvershod
Yes I have.
I wpuld qt them if possible so they don't infect your other fish if they haven't already
Since they have been in the tank for a week, I have decided to treat the whole tank, and my qt tank is already occupied. the other fish don't seem to be affected at all. I suspect it might be species specific because this is the second batch this has happened to. Thanks so much

smee82
I would qt them incase its something that is transmitted when other fish nibble on them after they have died and still treat the tank they where in.

Silvershod
Happy to report no new deaths and sick fish are showing slight improvement as they are more interested in food and nibbling at the food offered. I am still not able to qt the sick ones.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
Floundering_Around
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views