Some of my birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by lorabell, Mar 21, 2010.

1. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

Hey everyone...heres a few of my other babies.....
    Rio-Yellow nape
    Boo-Boo- Umbrella
    Kanani- Green wing
    Sebastion- Hawk head
    Ali- blue crown

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lori!

Such beautiful birds! I hope everyone is doing well! The green one in the first photo has always been one of my favorites. Never owned one, just always loved them when I see them.

Ken

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh how pretty!!
    I always liked birds, thanks for sharing yours. :)

4. OP
    OP
    l

some more

Just so no-one is left out....lol
    Sam-congo grey
    Makai-Blue and gold
    Jake-blue front
    Willy-Med sulfer crested
    Kiki-Yellow belly caique

Attached Files:

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Aaaahhh!!!!! They're so precious! Looks like they're still loving life!

Great job, Lori! They are gorgeous!

6. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Like that Last one but overall great birdies.

7. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Beautiful! That's quite a "bird room" you have going there!

8. D

David C Well Known Member Member

Those are gorgeous. I love that bird room you have, it must be awesome.

Dave

9. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Awww. Lori I LOVE seeing your birds!! I love B&G and the CAG!! Maybe someday! :-\ But for now I'll just live vicariously through you! ;D.

10. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

wow amazing birds!!!!!!!
    you sure have a zoo like BB does LOL
    kudos to you!!!
    ps...send me a pm with your addy please ;)

11. OP
    OP
    l

Thanks everyone!!!!!! They are my babies thats for sure...the grey is the oldest....hitting 21 this spring...and I am very proud to say...he has never ever eaten commercial bird food in his life...I have owned and loved him since he was about 3 weeks old.....I letterly cook for him 2x a day...he will even eat soup!!!!!

12. Tigerlily

Twenty one... how cool! He's just a year older than my youngest son. I knew greys have a long lifespan. Are the others just as long-lived? Do they get along?

13. OP
    OP
    l

They are all pretty close in the room....but not too close...I really dont allow them to get at each other.....anything could happen...even by accident...my macaws are very jealous of me with each other.....the smallest one (kiki) does hang out with the sulfer crested...he preens him.....but only under supervision....lol...and its really funny...but its not....kiki absolutely hates my husband....he attacks him every chance he gets....Mike wont even go in the room if hes out....Mike tries to help in there...but THEY r deffinitly MY babies!!!!!!

14. Tigerlily

Goodness! I wouldn't have imagined they could be so possessive (and in Kiki's case, so opinionated). Their room looks wonderful... and your birds look so healthy! I feel so sad when I see birds with naked spots from feather plucking. Love the picture of Sam. He's a beauty! It's a nice shot and he looks like he's really got his eyes on the photographer. LOL

15. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Kiki is just too cute. It's odd how they can get attached to 1 person.
    Thanks Lori!
    Ken

16. OP
    OP
    l

Thanks again!!!!! But...they all deffinitly have likes and dislikes!!!!!!...MY greenwing gets MAD...if I happen to let the cockatoos out b4 her.....or even talk to them b4 her...she will even give up out time over it

17. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

So I know non of them are your favorite but do you have a favorite species. I really love the CAG and I've heard really good things about the sulphers too. Is yours a greater or lesser?

18. OP
    OP
    l

Sorry about the old post answer...I always forget to re-check things.......ours is a medium sulfer crested...and hes odd to say the least......I kinda rescued him....we used to baby-sit for this bird when I owned my pet store....at the time he was 11 years old...one xmas...the owner left him with us ofr 3 days tog oaway...when he returned...they decided 'THAT they didnt want to clean up after him any longer"...I thought that was absolutely horrible!!!!!!! ....lol...my partener wanted to re-home him...we asked for a rehoming fee,lol...every-time someone was interested in him I raised the price....lol...my bad......but my husband liked him and wasnt afraid to handle him.......I just had to bring him home with us...and here is where he will stay....its sad though....some people just shouldnt own birds...they never taught the poor thing anything....not even to step up properly....I guess hes about 16 0r so now.....but the great thing is he is very gently...not a mean bone in his little body......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice