- Reaction score
- North Carolina, US
- 1 year
Hello everybody, all of my crabs have been doing well, and I just had some questions:
- My crabs are housed in a tank with gravel for substrate, as an experienced hermit crab keeper told me that sand gets in their shells and for me to use gravel instead. Is this a good substrate or should I switch to sand?
- Are plastic aquarium decorations safe for crabitat use?
- I have seen glass hermit crab shells, allowing you to view their anatomy which seems really cool! I am willing to mail-order but I couldn't find any on eBay. Where can I purchase some?
- Can I keep strawberry hermit crabs with purple pincher hermit crabs?
- What size range of crabs can be housed together? The little ones will be eaten by the bigger ones, I know that, but what's the limit of size differentiation allowed by larger crabs?
- What kinds of hermit crabs are easiest to breed/raise?
- Where can I get teeny tiny hermit crab shells?
- Can they be housed in large colonies, of say over twenty if the tank is big enough? And if housed in such large numbers will they breed more often?