Some Guppy Qs. :3

Fish'd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a bright, school bus yellow female. She is totally yellow all the way through, and her body is slightly transparent (her name is Blondie). I can't find another one for the life of me- all the other females I find have grayish bodies and colorful tails.

Does anyone else have a guppy like this? Is it the result of special breeding, or are they just hard to come across? Her fry haven't colored yet, so I can't tell if there are more. I'd like another one like her.

Also, I have a fry with one pectoral fin that has a habit of choking on his food.
Name suggestions? :D

I asked my dad and he said "dead 'fore long", lol.

Thanks!

angelfish220

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've never seen a female with a colored body, but it is possible that there was some sort of genetic mutation/rare allelic combination that makes a colored female guppy... just keep watching her fry to see if it's hereditary.

Fish'd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found some batteries under the cabinet, so I'll try to take a picture so you can see. ^^

The father of her fry is a mystery because I bought her pregnant. She and my other female, Lady, were two of like 3 or 4 girls in the tank. Some fry don't have black on them, so I might have a few...

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had a female like that! I got her from PetSmart. Her name was Juice and her boyfriend, a Tuxedo, was named Beatle (lol). I haven't seen another one like her, ever. I'm pretty sure it was just selective breeding, that they came about, which you can do your self, if you have the room. Just pick a couple of nice male fry that have the same yellow, and keep them and your female (and some nice female fry if you have any) together in the same tank with no other guppies, and kull or sell the ones that don't have the traits you want (same with all the fry you get, as long as you are Breeding for yellow)

as for little guy with one fin...... Nemo.... just because you can lol

good luck!

proudtobeafarmgirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have several yellow girls and now I have cool looking males that are yellow with various shades of yellow running through them, I sold off all most all other colors so I can't wait to see what they produce. Funny thing is that my guppy who had at least 100 babies yesterday only had one black one all the others were yellow or lighter colored. Genetics are a mystery to me.

Fish'd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
LOL, love the names. xD
I thought about Nemo. Maybe...

I took some pictures, but I've got to correct where they're saving to. Also, the tank could use a cleaning...

I've even got some pics of the fry! Will post soon.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cant wait to see them! =D

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads